3-Day Flash Sewing Weekend (8/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-Day Flash Sewing Weekend (8/29)

For most of us in the States, we have a wonderful 3-day holiday weekend this weekend I don't know about you all... but I desperately need it! Way too much family stuff and work stuff going on! I just need a weekend to get caught up on things and "reset."

Anywho, I'll be kicking off my Flash Weekend sewing tonight as soon as I get home from work! I'm grabbing takeout on my way home so there will be no fuss with dinner. Hubby has already declared tonight "Madden" night (football video game) so he will be glued to his recliner all evening. Most like a good few hours of un-interrupted sewing time Hubby's comic book shirt is about 70% done as of last night, so I'm going to wrap that up tonight for sure.

Once Hubby's shirt is done, depending on the time, I will either cut out another shirt (I bought quite a few different fabrics to make him more of these shirts) or start cutting the Yellow Brick Road quilt for my grandma. We'll have to see how the evening goes.

Tomorrow I have to be up bright and early and on my way to the west side of Cleveland for a 10:30 am "new owners" class on my sewing machine. When Hubby and stopped in there a month ago when I picked up Rosie, the lady offered me free users classes since I had spent so much! Lol. I believe it's an all-day class, so it'll be a long day... plus, it's an hour away from me.

Other than that... I'm pretty much open all weekend and am going to squeeze in as much sewing time as possible! So many projects.... so little time!

Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday!!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Re: 3-Day Flash Sewing Weekend (8/29)

I will join you in a flash-sewing weekend. We are not camping this weekend and don't have many plans (unusual for us). The older kids are at college, and the younger ones will be working.
    Jess, enjoy your weekend and your class.

Comment

This weekend I hope to get a good amount done on hubby's quilt. Baby and my quilt are in progress too.
      I may try to make myself a winter nightgown, depends on how much free time I have and motivation. I made the baby a dress out of scraps from a dress I hemmed that she liked and I kind of have the clothes making bug atm lol.
      sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

I am in too! Happy to have three days off! Tonight I want to finish a tee towel apron, and get the borders on my son's Seahawk quilt. Tomorrow we are spending the day cleaning out Mom's house getting ready to sell it, she is now in Assisted Living.
        I am really going to try to make a dent in my Christmas project list!
        April

Comment

I'm in. I am going to finish my Butterfly Crossroads quilt, post pictures and then I am on a jelly roll mission. I have three jelly rolls I purchased way back in 2010 and four jelly roll patterns. One of these jelly rolls is going to be used in one of these patterns. No more excuses. No more putting the jelly roll back in the box because it doesn't seem right.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Well I guess since I have a long week-end I'll join in. I'm going to put my Irish Chain quilt on the frame and start quilting on it. I also want to finish the hand sewing on the binding on my grandson's quilt. If I have time I want to make a JR quilt top from Jenny's new tutorial.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

So, maybe I will FINALLY finish my grandson's quilt. It was put on the back burner because of my shoulder issues. But there is so little that has to be done to finish it, so I am going to set that as my goal. I just have a little less than 3 weeks before my operation, so I am going to focus on prep work for things that I can do during recuperation.
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm in as well. I have to make 6 costumes for an entertainment in September, so I'm going to try and get the pants done this weekend. I have to make one leg white and one leg black and then I have to do T-Shirts to match. Then I have some major sewing to do before the end of the year. Not sure how much is going to be Christmas and how much is not. The main thing I really have to get started on is the Midi Bag by Quilt Smart. I have to make at least 25 by the end of the year. I know my husband is going to want to do some major cleaning around the house since it is a long weekend, my daughter is wanting to get things together for her youngest sons birthday in two weeks, so I'm hoping they will leave me alone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully reach some goals.

Comment

I'm cutting and sewing borders for my son's quilt. I also hope to pull fabrics and start cutting my son-in-law's flannel coin quilt. Need to put a few more ties on my stepson's wool quilt--I already did the binding, but want to add the extra ties for stability.

I also have to can tomatoes--my husband harvested a bunch this morning!

Hope everyone has a productive weekend--enjoy your class, Rosie.
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a few things to do that will eat into my weekend, but I should be able to get some sewing in. I have a few (easy/quick) blocks to piece, then need to sew rows together, so that's maybe an hour or two at most. So goal #1 will be to get that top finished up.

I'm about to start a Big Star quilt for a silent auction for my upcoming high school reunion. It looks like it goes together pretty easily and just looks so neat, and I want to modernize it a bit by using batiks, which I haven't used much before. So I'm fabric shopping for that at lunch today and goal #2 will be to at least get a couple of blocks done before the long weekend is over. I'm using fat quarters instead of a layer cake, so will have to do some cutting. I just hope I'm doing the math right!

Comment

I'm wanting to get started on a new project so I think I will try to get the backing made and my Mito quilt basted and quilted and bound this weekend then I will have nomguilt about starting a new project -there will be no UFO's in the sewing genre

I am also going to be attempting to make a further dent in my fall cleaning spree. So far there are three big bags removed from the house and 2 good sized bags of paper shredding out! I have another two big bags nearly ready to go and another bag of paper shredding plus a lady is coming by today to purchase 3 boxes of stamps and ink and assorted embellishments - cleaning up my scrapbooking area too!

I love long weekends!!

Terri
                      Last edited by sewlucky; August 29, 2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hi, looks like we are all planing a fun weekend. I hope to get a couple tops quilted this weekend. Also have some baby quilt tops to piece. Got a text late last night that in-laws maybe coming through town this weekend and will stop and visit for the weekend. That could limit my sewing time, will have to wait and see. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress. Chat soon.
                        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I have exactly the same goal I had last weekend -- finish quilting my contemporary quilt! But I have more hope of actually meeting it this week. It's getting there. Lots of echo quilting & lots of starts & stops, so it has been slow for this newbie quilter.

I also need to go buy a dishwasher, because ours is kaput, go to the doctor, get some paperwork done, & get my ducks in a row for work next week.. Being a grown up is just fun, fun, fun

Comment

I am in for this weekend. Not to sure yet what I plan on getting done yet though. I really need to do a little cleaning first as I have seemed to misplaced my Dresden template and wanting to make a sprocket pillow. Then I think I will pull some Halloween fabric and make a zigzag table runner. I do have batting to sandwich one of two quilts just not sure which one to do. One is a wall hanging and the other is a lap quilt that I am thinking about finishing up for a co-workers little boy who has to have surgery on the 9th of next month. But then I will need to do something up for his older sister and do not have the funds to do a second quilt at this time. So if I can get the pillow and table runner done along with my block for the Women of the Bible quilt done I will be a happy camper.

Comment

I am sorta in for the flash sewing...it is DH's birthday weekend and that may interfere with sewing. I did get all the panels of the tshirt quilt done today...just got to figure the interior borders and what to do with the pockets of the shirts I have. The last of the jigsaw puzzle is slowly coming into focus. Boy, will I be glad to see this quilt finished!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
                              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Working...
                              X