Calling all Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Canadians

I have sent messages to suzieq57, cjmat, Vivienne, Monique and Pinky. I hope they join and maybe know more Canadians, that will join as well!!

Looking good!
    JVO

Comment

That sounds like fun, I have never done a swap before. I do wonder about an up coming mail strike though. Have you heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by suzieq57 View Post
        That sounds like fun, I have never done a swap before. I do wonder about an up coming mail strike though. Have you heard anything?
        I thought I heard something this morning about the strike and they were talking about next week. Lets hope the strike would be over with by the time we are ready to mail the blocks.

I was wondering how long do you usually have to do the swap? I have never done one either!
        JVO

Comment

Count me in. Sounds like fun. I have never done a swap before. Let me know the details.

Thanks
          Monique
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about a postal strike. They will go out for a short time but because the postal service is considered an "essential service", the Federal Gov't will order them back to work. For the swap, you just have to tell us the type and size of block, mailing date and your mailing address.

I would suggest giving a little extra time through the summer for completion as alot of people are busy with gardens, traveling and doing outdoor activities. I would suggest a mailing date of Sept 30/ 2011???

Looking forward to the fun!!

Kim
            Last edited by grammakim04; June 2, 2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grammakim04 View Post
              I wouldn't worry about a postal strike. They will go out for a short time but because the postal service is considered an "essential service", the Federal Gov't will order them back to work. For the swap, you just have to tell us the type and size of block, mailing date and your mailing address.

I would suggest giving a little extra time through the summer for completion as alot of people are busy with gardens, traveling and doing outdoor activities. I would suggest a mailing date of Sept 30/ 2011???

Looking forward to the fun!!

Kim
              I think that sounds like a great time limit, I'm up for any swap, just not animal prints.
              Looking forward to it.
              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                Oh and suzieq57 from Ontario
                Hi Sally,
                I was going to suggest she find you cause you would know most of us Canadians LOL
                :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

There is a group page now where we can sign up to get some numbers of who wants to join in. GO CANADA !!!
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

hello ladies,
                    I'm in Canada too (Niagara Falls, ON) - but I'm super new to quilting, so you wouldn't want to have my inferior blocks

Comment

Hi, I'm in North Bay Ontario and like alicaz I am very new too....if you don't mind something a bit nonperfect, I will give it a go too...

Alana
                      Alana
                      To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                      alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Alana and Alicaz if you havn't yet sign up on the group site! Alicaz...I was super new too when I did my first block exchange. I learned so much and no one minds if the blocks aren't perfect. It is the joy of the exchange and creating something from all over in this case Canada. So please join...the more the merrier!
                        sigpic
                        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Maybe I'm blind or I forgot how to read properly, but where can I find the group site? Can you post a link?
                          Thanks

Comment

Hello, Lisa here in Fort Vermilion, Alberta. May I still join? And where is this group site? thanks

Comment

So I just figured out where the group site is and was very disappointed to see I'm to late! oh well, have fun with it and maybe we can do another Canadian swap sometime.

Lisa

Comment

Welcome aboard Ladies. Nice to know there are other Canadian Quilters on the Forum. There is alot of great information available here. I'm from central Alberta and love love quilting. So far, I've been involved with 3 block swaps on this forum and met amazing people.

Hope you have fun on here.

Kim (grammakim04)

Comment

Working...
                                X