YAY!!! Jamiee your star blocks are here! they are FABULOUS!!!! good job
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Re: Patriotic Star Block Swap (revised)

I mailed mine on Wednesday, you should get them Monday or Tuesday.
      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! I love love love how these are looking ladies!! YOU are going to LOVE too! can't wait to get them swapped!
        hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

YAY! TODAY is the final day for mailing your Patriotic Star blocks Many of them are already here and they are fabulous!!! Thank you for playing ladies - i am so excited to get them swapped and back to you!! YAY again!!!
          hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Suzi...Did you read the message from Tammie in the Group link?
            ~Mary
            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I can't wait either! Am looking forward to putting together a quilt for my son to take with him when he is deployed.
              LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Mimi...Thats what I'm doing with my quilt blocks after I get them put together! My son is deploying to Afghanistan late Spetember(ish) and I want him to take a piece of home with him when he goes. I'm trying to make some filler blocks so I can make 2 quilts out of the blocks and send one with his battle buddy who has become a best friend/brother not only to my soldier son, but to my younger son as well.

God Bless all our Troops!!
                ~Mary

Comment

Mary that is awesome! My son will be in Texas for 2 months (Sept and Oct) and then I'm not sure where he is going, but I know it is not Afghanistan. Guess I should ask him if they got a definitive answer yet. You and I are going to have to stick together and get thru this...it's hard knowing he is going, but I'm so very proud of him!
                  LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I'm scared to death of my son going into a battle ground, but its what he's wanted to do since he was 8 years old playing with his GI Joe's. I tease him now and tell him I knew I should have bought him a doctor set for Christmas instead of the Army Jeeps and tanks...lol

Have you got your Blue Star banner yet? I have mine, but I want to make a quilted one to hang proudly in my window when Brian deploys!

I tell everyone that Brian enlisted, but I was drafted!! Sometimes it feels that way

We can get through this together...always helps to have others to lean on and gain support when they know what you're going through...*HUGS*
                    ~Mary

Comment

What is a block swap? Sorry, really new to quilting.
                      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Hi Bella...

When you join a block swap, you are committing to making quilt squares, using whatever colors, prints, size, and amount that is decided upon before the swap begins. Sometimes the number of participants is decided upon before the swap begins, so you have to hurry and sign up...other times, its for as many people that sign up. You make your blocks and mail them to the group "leader" along with a postage paid self addressed envelope and when all the blocks are received, the leader sorts them out so that every member gets one block from everyone else. I sent 11 blocks (kept one for myself) and will receive 11 different blocks back in return.

This swap was done with red/white/blue patriotic quilt squares using a star pattern. It was limited to the first 15 players but only 12 signed up.
                        Sometimes you're just given one or two of the options...lets say floral fabric and using only purples. You then decide what size and what pattern.

If you're interested in a swap.. up above at the top of the page, in the blue stripe, is a GROUPS link...keep an eye on it for the next swap to be posted.

Hope I explained it good enough, if not...others will chime in.
                        ~Mary

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. That is very clear now.
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! ALL of the star blocks are here and they are getting swapped today!! love it love it love it!!! Great Job ladies! thank you for playing!!

*New swap Fancy Florals will be posted soon - watch for it
                            hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Working...
                            X