San Clemente, California shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Clemente, California shops

I'm going to be spending some time with my daughter this summer. She lives in San Clemente, California. I'm thinking of taking my sewing machine too.

Anyone know the area? I'm looking for fabric and quilt shops near there.

Re: San Clemente, California shops

Hi, I live in Sacramento but know that Eleanor Burns is popular in Southern CA....there are quilt retreats in Carlsbad, CA and quilt shops all over Southern CA. Sadie

Comment

I live in Los Angeles county so I haven't been to these stores, but if you Google quilt stores in Orange County there are a bunch..
      Good luck & have fun!! Maybe you can have your own shop hop.
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Eleanor Burns is in North San Diego County and San Clemente is on the south side of Orange County. In between is a large Marine Base, Camp Pendleton. It's a lovely drive, but I wouldn't call Eleanor's shop "close" to San Clemente. It's probably a 45 minute drive.

Having said that, San Clemente and surrounding areas are really nice. And where things are "nice," there are usually quilt shops galore. Here's a link to a Yellow Pages offering: Quilt Shops in San Clemente, California with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com. My MIL lives in the area, and I've heard nice things about Moore's Sewing Center (my MIL sews but is not a quilter).

Enjoy Southern California. Its beautiful!
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

thanks y'all. I didn't know I'd be so close to Eleanor Burns country! I'll certainly have to drive down there and check out an event of hers if there is one.

Comment

If you are going to visit Eleanor's shop take the time to visit the fat quarter quilt shop in Vista. It is definitely worth the trip!
            Michelle

Comment

If you want to have an amazing fabric experience go to M&L Fabrics in Anaheim. http://mandlfabricsdiscountstore.com Joe says it's probably an hour from San Clemente. It's a huge, huge warehouse of fabrics. Some are new quilting fabrics at standard prices but the amount of inexpensive flat folds and also bolts will blow your mind. Be prepared to spend at least a couple of hours shopping there. The only problem will be all the fabric you'll want to buy and the problem of getting it home. You'd need another suitcase. hahaha Every time I go home I make a trip there and I come home with lots of fabrics. I think the flat folds are about $2.69 per yard. They also have fabrics for $3.99 and up to today's prices for quilting fabrics. If we ever leave California I'll really miss that place. It's very near Knott's Berry Farm. I always try to think of backing I need for planned quilts since it's so affordable there. If you go, make sure you grab a shopping cart when you enter the doors. By the way, it's not in a very great area so don't expect scenery in that neck of the woods.

The website I linked only shows part of the store. The part you're not seeing is rows and rows of steel shelving that are packed with flat folds from the floor to about as high as you can reach. There's also another whole room filled with all kinds of fabrics. I rarely go in there since I'm usually only looking for quilt fabrics. I'm sure it's a costumer's paradise. Jean would love it.

Let's just say the endorphins are in high gear when I walk through the door. No, just getting in the car knowing I'm on my way is a high. The healthy kind. hahaha
              Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 9, 2014, 02:50 AM.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

rebeccas-sewing, thanks for the info on M & L Fabrics. I also live in Southern California and will certainly check it out soon. We enjoy going to Knott's Berry Farm on Tuesdays for the senior buffet. We only go a couple times a year but next trip I will check out M & L. Thanks for the tip. How about the quality of the material?
                Last edited by carolynrae; April 18, 2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

WHOA.............good thing I don't live in California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

The Quilt in A Day shop is in San Marcos, not too far south from where you'll be. The shop is not where you'd expect--in the middle of town. No, it's in a business park! I thought we were lost when I went there this past January. If you have a GPS you'll find it with no trouble. Have fun!
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I am very excited about this post!! Me and my family are planning a trip to anahiem! I am making my shopping list now!

Comment

Working...
                      X