2014 Secret Santa Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Secret Santa Swap

It is now March so I thought this would be a good time to bring it up as I am hoping temperatures have cooled regarding last year's swap (so please don't bring it up). I am willing to host this years swap if anyone is interested in doing it this year. If you are, I need you to respond within 2 weeks and also give an idea for a theme for this year's swap. I will be working on rules for the swap. I don't want to see a few people ruin what so many people enjoy so let's keep this tradition going.

Rhonda
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: 2014 Secret Santa Swap

I would be interested. I only joined this year so I'm not sure what all is involved, but I would like to know more.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I'm a newbie as well - definitely interested and would like to know more By theme, does that mean theme of fabric, or block, or both? (i.e. snowmen, or pinwheel, green, etc...)

Comment

I am in. Sorry I am not very good at coming up with themes. Thanks for doing this!
        :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

A theme would be something that each gift would follow. The Santa swap is a year long event with shipping taking place the first part of November. For example, say the theme is colors. I would distribute a list of colors for each month and you would make or purchase a gift or (however many you want to do) that corresponds with that color.

Does that make any sense???
          "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

I would be interested. I'll put my thinking cap on and try to come up with some ideas. But I'm sure whatever you decide on will be fun.
            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I might be interested but will wait until I see the rules first.

Comment

Might be interested, just not sure if I can fit it in the budget. I'd have to see what its all about first.

Comment

I'm in! I think it will be fun!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Count me in, life is somewhat settled for me now and I am looking forward to this swap!
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Count me in, I sure enjoyed working on all the projects during last years swap. I like your idea of colors, I also think the idea of items might be fun, like 'coasters', 'tablerunner', etc. I'm game for whatever...
                      Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Comment

I would be interested in participating.

Thank you.
                        bjsmith57

Comment

I am always interested in doing a Secret Santa, but after last years fiasco of people bailing with no excuse, and no response to the coordinators, I think it has left a bad taste in some of our mouths. I don't know what kind of fail safe you can have in place to prevent that from happening. When a person is an active member (several posts a day), and then just doesn't follow through...I don't how to keep that from happening again. I think if you are going to do something like this, then you need to have all available info provided to you, upon shipping, let's say by Nov 15th. Including tracking, so you can keep track of who has shipped, and if some one doesn't follow thru, someone else can step up, before the date it should be received. It was just ugly last year. One person finally got theirs (shipped overseas), and other forum members made sure the other one was covered. That is why no one has started anything like this yet. Once bit, twice shy, all because 1 or 2 people that didn't do what the agreed to do. No excuse in my book. I guess I get in, but you really need to be careful...as well as those agreeing to join. JS ....If you can't fulfill your obligation, then don't commit.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Rhonda - thank you so much for thinking about doing the swap again this year. I've really enjoyed the last 2 years swaps and made some lasting friendships through them. I can't wait to get started on this year's swap - that is if people are happy to post packages "downunder". The reverse to that of course is that I'll also potentially be mailing over the pond.

As for a theme - I like the colors idea. Or maybe 1 block per month of a specified size - 12 blocks in all. The receiver could then assemble them how ever he/she chooses.

Whatever the theme will be I would love to participate again.

Comment

I enjoyed last year. I probably wouldn't join a block swap. I'll wait and see what other ideas come up.

How about an ornament swap. One handmade and one coming from where you live?
                              Last edited by Hulamoon; March 1, 2014, 10:33 PM.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X