It's flash Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's flash Friday!!

It's 70 here in Hawaii but not to late! I went fabric shopping today and took a pattern with me. There was a lot of tourists in there! So I waited and the owners dd helped me get the right amount of every thing. What a sweetheart.

I have a quilt on my wall, but I'm waiting for a honey bun that was on the dd. So I'm going to work on my pattern. A turtle.

Ready, get set, go!
    🌺 Lorie

Re: It's flash Friday!!

i don't know the pattern but wanted to wish you luck.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Enjoy working on your new pattern. I was able to get some fabric shopping in today. Lots of fun to look at all the amazing new fabric lines that are coming out.

Comment

I am in. I won't have much time to sew, because I'm having a little Oscar party on Sunday and need to clean. But, I would like to put borders on a quilt and make a few new blocks. Good luck to everyone with their sewing this weekend.

Comment

I was in too. Ages ago I bought 'Puttin on the Ritz' JR in pink. I was very dissapointed with it because so many of the designs were repeated. I thought I'd never be able to use it so it sat on the bookshelf getting dusty and a bit tatty because I kept picking it up.

So for flash Friday I decided to do something with it and I did and it's GORGEOUS!

On Fridays I cook a meal at my house and take it up to my Mum's , 6 miles away. So sewing all day wasn't possible. I got up early today to continue my flash Friday and I've finished to top.

I used the 3 Dudes tutorial that Jenny does.

Want to see a piccie? Look out in the new albums in the gallery within the next few days (but hopefully today).

I've run out of thread! Never done that before.

Comment

Ha Ha
            I'm in, worked on several blocks already, I've got 6 more to go, then sashing & bordering. Guild meeting this morning, trip to the fabric store and groceries then back to sewing. Looking forward to putting this thing together.
            I might not get the quilting done, but I hope to have everything else done by Sunday eve.
            Happy quilting everyone!
            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
              i don't know the pattern but wanted to wish you luck.
              It's a Hawaiian pattern I picked up at my quilt shop. And thank you
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm in. I will be FMQ on my Sunny Summer Days quilt. No promises on how far I will get. As a beginner FMQ I just can't judge.

It hasn't been going well so far. I am using a polyester thread for the first time with FMQ. It is a cone thread, which is another first for me. so I had to use a cone thread adapter. I made a home made one using instructions I found on line. Must have done something wrong because when I tried to wind the bobbin part of the thread got wound around the bottom of the post down inside the machine. I had to take the machine apart to get the thread unwound. When I put the machine back together I had a screw left over. So I took it apart again and this time I found where the missing screw went. I modified my homemade cone thread adapter and tried again. Massive bids nests and tangles on the back side. Tried adding the Teflon Little Genie Magic Bobbin Washer and it looks like that stoped the birds nest on the back. Funny my machine doesn't like it when I use the Magic Bobbin Washers with cotton thread for FMQ.

It looks pretty gruesome on the backside, but pretty cool on the front side.

Time to go quilt. Wish me luck.
                Last edited by DeniseSm; March 1, 2014, 07:03 AM. Reason: typos
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Denise I have the same problem with the thread wrapping around. A good solution is to use netting. I buy this which is really cheap. I can send you one if you like. My craft store sells them and you can cut it to length.

Only From Hawaii - Lei Netting
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I am in! I need to get a pincushion done for a swap, finish February's UFO (I know it is now March, ugh!) and then have many other projects percolating in this brain.

We are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow starting tonight - that is a manageable amount compared to the wild predictions all week -some had us getting 12-18!!

Thanks for the push Lorie - I love our Flash Sewing Weekends! Hope to have lots of stuff to share by tomorrow night! Happy Sewing!
                    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      A good solution is to use netting.

Only From Hawaii - Lei Netting
                      Thanks Lorie. That is a great idea. Some netting came with the sewing machine. If the new cone thread adapter set up doesn't work I will give it a try. I got four bobbins wound okay with the new set up so far. I wasn't sure how many I would need.
                      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I am in but won't be able to start until either tonight or tomorrow...work 10 - 100 tonight on my feet waitressing with a weather advisory for 4" of snow....wonder how busy I will be?

Comment

I'm in - I can sew this afternoon and tomorrow for a bit.

I am finishing up a falling charm quilt, just need to put on the binding. Then I have another ready to be quilted and bound. I would love to get these done so I can start piecing another quilt! I have the fabric and it is whispering my name
                          Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I'm in... I needed some quick fun sewing this weekend so working on another falling charm quilt. Pieced and pressed the blocks this morning. Hope to sew the rows together this after noon. It's a queen size so not sure if I will get the top done before bed but dreaming big.
                            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Not sure how much I will get done this weekend. I finished a mug rug for dh to take to a friend today (forgot to take a picture ) It had cows on one side and passover fabric on the other. I need to finish putting the binding on a small tablerunner for my son. He is going home tomorrow so I need to finish it tonight. Only have one side left to tack down so it should be fine. Then I am not sure what I will work on. I am hoping for a snow day on Monday but we will see.
                              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X