Flash Sewing weekend anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Sewing weekend anyone?

I propose a flash sewing weekend. I have lots of projects to catch up on. I want to see if I can fix my scorched churn dash pinwheel blocks, I need to start working on the blocks for Leah Day's FMQ quilt along, and I have several other UFO's. Anyone else interested? Feel free to jump in and say what you wanna work on then we'll report back with our progress on Sunday.

Re: Flash Sewing weekend anyone?

Oh, I've wanted a flash sewing weekend, but I'm having company this weekend so I can't. I'm hoping to get my new bookcases for my sewing room in the next week or so, so as long as I can "Flash Organize" while everyone else sews, I'm in!
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I need to finish quilting & binding my first quilt made for me. On Saturday the guild is doing a Linus Project and I've got fabric cut, but I want to sew up the blocks before then. I've also got a top in progress for my youngest, and I'd like to, but likely won't happen, start cutting the fabrics for my oldest daughters quilt.
      Should be interesting since I also have one paper due and another to get started for my ethics class. Along with 2 chapters to read. But with focus and hard work, I'm sure I can get most of it done.

Comment

I'm in.... I have two quilts to bind and need to make another OZ quilt. All while watching the Olympics.
        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I'll play, but have basketballs tonight and tomorrow morning.....I'm working on Project Linus quilts.... Due next Thursday.... We are having a PL day of sewing.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I'm in. I have 61 snap bags to make. I've got the material cut, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
              I'm in. I have 61 snap bags to make. I've got the material cut, but that's it.
              SIXTY-ONE!!!!! Holly snap Batman.
              sigpicAnita G.

Comment

A big yes from me! I have a scrappy d9p on my wall and if I can get the top done I will be happy. Need to find a back and I think I might order it.

Thanks for starting this. I missed it. I hope Debbie is doing okay
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm in. I am recovery very slowing from having an abscessed tooth extracted, but still gamely trying to quilt. My goal is to sew together the backing fabric and make the quilt sandwich (pin basted) for quilt #6, A Light Shines Through. This will be the first year I have finished more than four quilts in a year.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I am in....need to finish the baby rag quilt, make more burp rags, and work on some UFO's.
                    April

Comment

All that is on my quilting agenda for this week-end is to trim and bind the maple leaf quilt.
                      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I am in although I do have to work until 2 tomorrow afternoon and then going to a Mardi Gras parade on Sunday. But I do want to finish putting the boarder on my civil war quilt and to get at least half way through with my top for my Irish chain.

Comment

Count me in too

I have one top (falling charms) to sandwich, one top (large tumbler) that needs borders and then sandwiched. When I finish the second top I'm planning on starting another, not sure what yet, but I have the makings for many LOL

The weather is chilly and I have a 4 day weekend - so sewing is definitely gonna get done. I have a friend help sandwich, so hopefully he can come over this weekend. If not I just keep working on quilt tops.
                          Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I'm in.. I have a Project Linus quilt on the floor here, just need to spray baste top to wadding and quilt, then I will do the Magic Binding (I love that way of binding)..
                            sigpic Christine.

Comment

Originally posted by Learner quilter View Post
                              I'm in.. I have a Project Linus quilt on the floor here, just need to spray baste top to wadding and quilt, then I will do the Magic Binding (I love that way of binding)..
                              Ok, Newbie alert!
                              What is Magic Binding?
                              And what size should I plan on making for Project Linus. I actually hadn't heard of it until I found the guild I'm joining tomorrow so I want to be prepared when I get there. - Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X