Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone attending the Sew Expo in Lakeland, Florida ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone attending the Sew Expo in Lakeland, Florida ???

Hello all,

Does anyone have plans on going to the Sew Expo in Lakeland, Florida, on March 22, 2014.

I will be going that day, and thought if anyone else was going we could at least meet up and say HI!

I went to it in Denver a couple of years ago and really enjoyed.

Hoping I hear from someone.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Anyone attending the Sew Expo in Lakeland, Florida ???

I reaaally, realllly wanted to go but with some things that recently CROPPED up (I'm pouting here); I just don't know if I can pull it off. Have been wanting to take hubby's daughter for two years now. Sigh.

eta: I see that's the Saturday. I was shooting for Friday initially.
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Originally posted by lyric View Post
      I reaaally, realllly wanted to go but with some things that recently CROPPED up (I'm pouting here); I just don't know if I can pull it off. Have been wanting to take hubby's daughter for two years now. Sigh.

eta: I see that's the Saturday. I was shooting for Friday initially.
      Well let me know if things change. Would love to meet up with you. I would like to go Friday, but I am not able to take work off, and after work - way too tired to drive an hour to get there - and forget walking around.

I am saving my pennies - cant wait!
      Karen

Comment

I'll be going to the one in Puyallup WA.......15 more days!!!!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
          Well let me know if things change. Would love to meet up with you. I would like to go Friday, but I am not able to take work off, and after work - way too tired to drive an hour to get there - and forget walking around.

I am saving my pennies - cant wait!

Uwww, tell me 'bout it with the trying to do it after work AND the drive. Man, that's one thing about where I live and the things I enjoy participating in. It will be something like over 45 mile drive through hill and dale for me to get there too, LOL.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

L
          sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            I'll be going to the one in Puyallup WA.......15 more days!!!!

Years ago when I sold Weekenders one of my managers resided in Puyallup! Or was it a soaper that I swapped with . . ??? Umm, either way the city has piqued my curiosity ever since. Just dawned on me that I never Googled it, but such a curious name. I love saying it . . ."Puyallup" . . . "Puyallup". I wonder if there are any Black women over there quilting???? Well, I hope it is as cool in RL as in my mind.

Cheers,

L
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, there are black women here quilting! I had a class with one last year. She was very lucky in more ways than one. She was diagnosed w/colon cancer and going home from hearing that news, she felt depressed and went on craigslist, which she said she had never done before. Anyway, she found a gammill longarm on there for $1700!!!! It was about ten years old and had been sitting unused for nine and had frozen up. She talked the woman down a few hundred dollars and bought it and took it home to her machinist husband who took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together again and has a fabulous machine! She also went on to recover from her cancer after surgery and chemo.

And I agree, Puyallup is fun to say!

Believe me.....going to the expo is worht a one hundred mile drive!!!
              Last edited by bubba; February 12, 2014, 02:53 PM.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Karen,

My friend and I are going, but not on Saturday. My days off work are Wed night for Thurs and Thursday for Friday, so it will probably be on Thursday. We went last year and had a good time.

I was excited to see your post, but then I realized it was for a different day.
                Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                  Karen,

My friend and I are going, but not on Saturday. My days off work are Wed night for Thurs and Thursday for Friday, so it will probably be on Thursday. We went last year and had a good time.

I was excited to see your post, but then I realized it was for a different day.
                  I totally wish I could go during the week. I am looking forward to going. Have a great time. I hope we find some good fabrics
                  Karen

Comment

I hope to go. We're not supposed to go back home till April1, but I don't know if I can keep DH here until then. We're in Zephyrhills for the winter, and it has been a good winter to be here instead of TN!

Comment

Hmm... I will be moving to Fernandina Beach, FL in a few weeks. Is that anywhere near Lakeland? The timing would be tight with moving, but if it's close by, I might make try and make it work!
                      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                        Hmm... I will be moving to Fernandina Beach, FL in a few weeks. Is that anywhere near Lakeland? The timing would be tight with moving, but if it's close by, I might make try and make it work!
                        Welcome to Florida! Lakeland is midway between Tampa and Orlando on I-4. My sister rents a beach house in Fernandina every year, and I think it's 3 1/2 to four hours to Fernandina from Tampa.
                        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                          Welcome to Florida! Lakeland is midway between Tampa and Orlando on I-4. My sister rents a beach house in Fernandina every year, and I think it's 3 1/2 to four hours to Fernandina from Tampa.
                          Thanks! We are so excited about this move! It will be wonderful to be mere minutes from a beautiful beach!

But three and a half to four hours is a little far for me to travel to the expo this year with it being so close to our move date. If you get there, I hope you have a blast!!
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I hope to go but have no information on it. Can someone send me the address of where it will be? Can I get a ticket at the door? Is there a specified place/time to meet?

Comment

Originally posted by knitandtink View Post
                              I hope to go but have no information on it. Can someone send me the address of where it will be? Can I get a ticket at the door? Is there a specified place/time to meet?
                              Here's the link:

Exhibitor Information for Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Lakeland, FL

I don't think there are many of us on the forum from this area. I will go either Thursday or Friday, but not sure what day yet. You can buy your ticket at the door, but if you are interested in classes, you should preregister, as some fill up fast and you also need to be prepared with tools/fabric/etc for some. Let me know when you plan to go and if we are there at the same time, maybe we can plan to meet up.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X