X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?

3 fabrics.jpg

Needing my forum friends' advise!!!!
    I purchased these three cute fabrics in Fort Smith, AR off of a discount table a few months ago; for the life of me, I can't decide what block pattern to do with them.....any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: What to do?

Could you get some matching solids to go with them and do a disappearing 9 patch? Use the fabric that you have as the squares that don't get cut, have a brown block always be the center block, the colors - blue, pink, green, orange or white be the blocks that get cut.
    Here is Jenny's video Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt Block Tutorial | Always Great, Always Free Quilting Tutorials You can do the fabric squares any size that you want to.

Comment

I have some of the center one as well, I am always taking it out to add to a quilt...and then, naaa, I will put it back. I, too, am at a loss for the polka dots!
      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
      :D

Comment

Add one or two solid colors and do a cathedral window. Would look very good having big dots in some blocks as well as small ones in the middle.
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Thanks for those that helped out with advise...I think I found a block pattern that will work...
          Cathedral Star.jpg
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]66608[/ATTACH]

Needing my forum friends' advise!!!!
            I purchased these three cute fabrics in Fort Smith, AR off of a discount table a few months ago; for the life of me, I can't decide what block pattern to do with them.....any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance!
            Hmm, the one fabric on the right would be awesome in a periwinkle quilt with either white or black or pick another solid in the dots for the background.
            The big pokie dots would look great in a COC for kids, lol.
            Not sure about the other lovely one. Still thinking on that.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I don't see a lot of contrast in the hue/color saturation.. putting a darker solid or small print with them would help set each off.. or just a white frame around each?? I really love the fabrics, but would add something dark to the mix.. Then set to work on my favorite block..

FourCorners.jpg
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
              X