X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redcaboose1717
    replied
    Re: Batik D4P Block Swap!

Your link for this 4 patch tutorial doesn't open.....here's the YouTube video below, just thought I would be helpful !

Disappearing 4 Patch Quilt Block Tutorial - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

WOW.... so now to revise the revise...lol
    It looks like I have not had enough sleep as of late....and my brain is not working well.
    The unfinished block will still be 8.5" as stated originally. Please use Jenny's tutorial which uses 5" squares(x4) to make the blocks.

Originally posted by tdimitrov77 View Post
    To revise the instructions for the blocks...We will be using Jenny's tutorial...which uses 5" squares...and will end up with a 9 and 1/4" unfinished block. I had planned on a different tut and changed when I saw that Jenny's is much easier... Sorry for the confusion on this.

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

To revise the instructions for the blocks...We will be using Jenny's tutorial...which uses 5" squares...and will end up with a 9 and 1/4" unfinished block. I had planned on a different tut and changed when I saw that Jenny's is much easier... Sorry for the confusion on this.

Originally posted by tdimitrov77 View Post
    I have started a new GROUP here is some info on it.....

BATIK DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH swap - Sign-ups open until January 30th. Every other month I will take votes as to the new block and the theme. This is going to be loads of fun with a wide variety of fabrics in each swap. Sew much fun! This swap is open to EVERYONE!!!! You can choose which swaps you want to do! If there is one you don't like then you are not obligated to do it.

Here’s how it works: we will all be making 8 ½” unfinished D4P quilt blocks. One set equals 6 D4P blocks. You may make as many as 6 sets of 6 blocks each which would be thirty-six (36) D4P blocks. Wow! That’s a lot of quilt blocks. Imagine how cool that quilt will be??? I know! Right??? If you are making one set, you may either make all the blocks using the same batik fabric(s) or you may make each block using a different batik fabric(s). If you are making more than one set (up to 6 sets), please use a different batik fabric in each set.

January’s theme is BATIKS. Please use ONE BATIK FABRIC AND SOLID BLACK PER BLOCK.

In case you’ve never made a D4P quilt block, here are the instructions:

Please use 100% cotton fabric to make your quilt blocks. Please PM me by JANUARY 30th to sign up. Please provide:

• Screen name
    • Real name
    • Number of sets you are making/sending
    • Email address

After I have received all of your information I will add you to the list of swappers and PM you a message with mailing information. BE SURE to include the USPS package, filled out with your mailing information, in your package to me. Set(s) of D4P quilt blocks will be due by FEBRUARY 28th. If your blocks are not to me by the date due, you will not be included in the swap. If I get them after the date due I will send them back to you in your envelope. There will be no exceptions, so please make sure to mail out your package in plenty of time.

Mailing: please put your blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged and will help me to organize everything better. Please purchase a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12 ½”) for $5.95 and fill out your name/address etc. This will be your return envelope so be sure to put this in your package as well!

I hope we can get a good size group together for this! I know I work better with a deadline...especially if there are other people involved...it gives me the extra kick in the rear to get things done! We can get several nice quilts done this year!

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

Originally posted by Davidsgirl08 View Post
    Two questions before I join. Do you provide the pattern for the block to measure 8 1/2" and I don't think they have the padded envelopes here, is there an option 2? I'm not international, I'm APO thanks!!!
    I have one of Jenny's tutorials available...which makes this block much easier! This will end with a 9 and 1/4 inch block. So I have changed it in the group...unfortunately I can not edit the above post for some reason. If we all use Jenny's tutorial then they will all come out the same size. Sorry about the confusion..I was planning on using a different tutorial originally...which ended with the 8.5 block...and then I found Jenny's which was much easier.
    As far as the shipping options... We can certainly come up with something... I could also check here to see what the cheapest method of sending back to you would be.... and then let you know the amount to send a money order for? I'm not sure what other options we have..but I am open to ideas on that one.
    Last edited by tdimitrov77; January 13, 2014, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Annabelle013
    replied

Signed up. Sounds fun!!!

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied

Two questions before I join. Do you provide the pattern for the block to measure 8 1/2" and I don't think they have the padded envelopes here, is there an option 2? I'm not international, I'm APO thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

Bump!!! Come on now!! Can we get some more people in this group?

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    replied

Yay!! I too can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• coppy777
    replied

I joined!! I can't wait to get started on my blocks!!

Leave a comment:

• tdimitrov77
    started a topic Batik D4P Block Swap!

Batik D4P Block Swap!

I have started a new GROUP here is some info on it.....

BATIK DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH swap - Sign-ups open until January 30th. Every other month I will take votes as to the new block and the theme. This is going to be loads of fun with a wide variety of fabrics in each swap. Sew much fun! This swap is open to EVERYONE!!!! You can choose which swaps you want to do! If there is one you don't like then you are not obligated to do it.

Here’s how it works: we will all be making 8 ½” unfinished D4P quilt blocks. One set equals 6 D4P blocks. You may make as many as 6 sets of 6 blocks each which would be thirty-six (36) D4P blocks. Wow! That’s a lot of quilt blocks. Imagine how cool that quilt will be??? I know! Right??? If you are making one set, you may either make all the blocks using the same batik fabric(s) or you may make each block using a different batik fabric(s). If you are making more than one set (up to 6 sets), please use a different batik fabric in each set.

January’s theme is BATIKS. Please use ONE BATIK FABRIC AND SOLID BLACK PER BLOCK.

In case you’ve never made a D4P quilt block, here are the instructions:

Please use 100% cotton fabric to make your quilt blocks. Please PM me by JANUARY 30th to sign up. Please provide:

• Screen name
    • Real name
    • Number of sets you are making/sending
    • Email address

After I have received all of your information I will add you to the list of swappers and PM you a message with mailing information. BE SURE to include the USPS package, filled out with your mailing information, in your package to me. Set(s) of D4P quilt blocks will be due by FEBRUARY 28th. If your blocks are not to me by the date due, you will not be included in the swap. If I get them after the date due I will send them back to you in your envelope. There will be no exceptions, so please make sure to mail out your package in plenty of time.

Mailing: please put your blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged and will help me to organize everything better. Please purchase a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12 ½”) for $5.95 and fill out your name/address etc. This will be your return envelope so be sure to put this in your package as well!

I hope we can get a good size group together for this! I know I work better with a deadline...especially if there are other people involved...it gives me the extra kick in the rear to get things done! We can get several nice quilts done this year!
    Last edited by tdimitrov77; January 13, 2014, 12:06 AM.
Working...
X