Batik D4P Block Swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batik D4P Block Swap!

I just made my first disappearing 4-patch block. It has a couple flaws in it, but that's okay, practice makes perfect right ?
    My DH has my iPhone otherwise I would take a photo to show everyone ! Maybe later I will take a photo of ...anyway, I am really pleased wit it.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Yay! Was it pretty easy to make? Don't think of them as flaw...they are "personality" lol Can't wait to see a pic of it! Are you going to be joining in the swap with us? We have a group started over in the "Group" Tab... There are three of us already...and you can add pictures there as well. I hope you join!
      Last edited by tdimitrov77; January 14, 2014, 04:59 PM.
      :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Bumping up.... We have a few participants already....can we get some more?

Comment

I didn't think it was too hard.....your right...they are flaws ....but part of my personality.....My grandma used to say that anything handmade that had mistakes in it was made from love......she knew every "flaw" in everything she made....she was an awesome seamstress ( used a treadle sewing machine. My dad offered to buy her a new machine, she declined, and used her Singer until she passed away.) loved to crochet, made all our hats & mittens ( either knitted or crocheted ) ......she didn't have much but she had a lot of love. Grandma lived right next door to us when I was little....my dad built the little home she and grandpa lived in, it was fun having them live right next door !

Comment

No problem.....just glad to be of help !

Comment

Jacqueline,
              We added onto my grandparents house and lived with them for many years when I was growing up...and I treasure every memory I have of my Grandmother. She taught me so much about sewing and quilting! It sounds like your Grandma was a wonderful person! I think we are pretty lucky to have had that time with them.

Comment

how many blocks does one set make? I would like the participate but I am confused about the number of blocks we are making
                It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
                sigpic
                There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

another question, I found a batik that I really like, but there is no description of the fabric content. How do I know if it is 100% cotton or not?
                  https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...e-aqua-yardage
                  It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
                  sigpic
                  There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

Hi April!
                    We would Love to have you join! One set is 6 blocks. You can make as many as 6 sets which would be 36 blocks total. Each block should have one batik and solid black. Each set of 6 can be the same batik or different. But if you are making more than one set each set should be a different batik. That way we get variety. You will get back all different blocks....each with a different batik.

So if you decide to do one set(6 blocks) you will get back 6 different blocks and you can use them to make a table runner, wall hanging, or some small project. Or if you want to make a lap size quilt you can do all 36. It really depends on what you would want to make with your blocks.

As far as the Batik fabric goes...I know that Bali is 100% cotton. Most if not all the batiks I have seen are 100%. That one is really pretty that you like!

We have the group started in the groups section so you can join there.

Comment

I hope that answered your questions....I'm sorry I made it so confusing! If you have any more questions feel free to PM me as well.

Comment

Thanks!.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X