Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 UFO Group Still Open -- And we've posted our first number!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 UFO Group Still Open -- And we've posted our first number!

Hi Everyone!

If you have a pile of quilts to finish, please consider joining the 2014 UFO (Unfinished Objects) Group.

In a nutshell, here's how the group will work:
    - Join the 2014 UFO Group.
    - Make a list of twelve projects you'd like to complete in 2014. Make sure you number your list from 1 to 12.
    - On the first of the month, I'll choose a random number and post it in the group. We'll all work on that project number.

We've picked January's number, so you can get started on your first project ASAP.

Happy New Year! Here's to finishing twelve quilts in 2014!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: 2014 UFO Group Still Open -- And we've posted our first number!

Good luck to everyone on their UFO's in the new year! I only have 2.........or I would join too.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
      Good luck to everyone on their UFO's in the new year! I only have 2.........or I would join too.
      Pam, I only had a few as well, but joined anyway - I put some charity quilting projects on the list to make sure that I got them completed this year. A different way of keeping myself accountable.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

What a great idea. I need to make out my list.

Comment

I think I should be happy I have only four!!!!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Good grief. 12 quilt projects in a single year. That is totally unattainable for me. Do you have a long arm or maybe send your quilts out to be quilted? I feel like Wonder Women if I manage to complete 5 quilts a year. 3-4 is more typical for me.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

It was hard for me to pick only 12 UFOs. I love to piece together tops and get bogged down in how to quilt them. This month I'll be finishing a pretty little "Summer in the Park" quilt top. I'd love advice (with pictures) if anyone has ideas for me on how to quilt it.
              Attached Files
              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                Good grief. 12 quilt projects in a single year. That is totally unattainable for me. Do you have a long arm or maybe send your quilts out to be quilted? I feel like Wonder Women if I manage to complete 5 quilts a year. 3-4 is more typical for me.

Well no, not 12 full quilts.. Just parts for me.. My no 4 (this month) is just getting one block appliquéd. Breaking it into realistic parts helps me get there.
                SandyWhite
                Ocala, Florida
                http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Mine is probably unrealistic...we'll see! But it's the goals I would like to achieve!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

How fun! I would like to join!
                    1. University of Tennessee Chevron Pattern quilt for my husband who graduates from UT School of Pharmacy in May
                    2. Another quilt as you go scrap quilt
                    3. The wonky block strip quilt I started for myself but never get to because I start projects for other people
                    4. A skirt for myself, in a quilt block theme, possibly for Easter.
                    5. A girl baby blanket for one of the teachers at my daughter's daycare
                    6. A bay baby blanket for another of the teachers at my daughter's daycare
                    7. A girl baby blanket for the foster baby that my daughter's daycare director is taking care of right now
                    8. Another baby quilt for my BFF who just found out she is pregnant ( this is after 2 years of fertility treatments, so I am so happy for her, I may even throw in some burp cloths, because I know I use those like crazy)
                    9. Some potholders I have been wanting to make, with a sunflower theme
                    10. A queen sized quilt using a really pretty Asian print fabric I found at a fabric outlet remnant bin
                    11. New quilted scripture bags for my son and daughter
                    12. Complete my brother’s large block quilt

Now where do I find the group??
                    Last edited by April R; January 2, 2014, 08:37 AM.
                    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
                    sigpic
                    There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                      Hi Denise! It's actually not as hard as you're picturing. Your list doesn't have to be 12 *quilts* in a year, just 12 goals. Last year, for example, I had a set of 12 BOM blocks. I split that into three months: 1. Assemble the quilt top, 2. Add the borders, 3. Quilt and bind. The UFO Group is just a tool to help you if you're overwhelmed with unfinished projects. You split them into whatever steps you can accomplish in 30 days.

I hope you join us!

P.S. I personally don't send my quilts of for quilting. I'm too frugal (or is that"cheap"?)

Comment

Originally posted by April R View Post
                        How fun! I would like to join!
                        1. University of Tennessee Chevron Pattern quilt for my husband who graduates from UT School of Pharmacy in May
                        2. Another quilt as you go scrap quilt
                        3. The wonky block strip quilt I started for myself but never get to because I start projects for other people
                        4. A skirt for myself, in a quilt block theme, possibly for Easter.
                        5. A girl baby blanket for one of the teachers at my daughter's daycare
                        6. A bay baby blanket for another of the teachers at my daughter's daycare
                        7. A girl baby blanket for the foster baby that my daughter's daycare director is taking care of right now
                        8. Another baby quilt for my BFF who just found out she is pregnant ( this is after 2 years of fertility treatments, so I am so happy for her, I may even throw in some burp cloths, because I know I use those like crazy)
                        9. Some potholders I have been wanting to make, with a sunflower theme
                        10. A queen sized quilt using a really pretty Asian print fabric I found at a fabric outlet remnant bin
                        11. New quilted scripture bags for my son and daughter
                        12. Complete my brother’s large block quilt

Now where do I find the group??
                        Go to the Groups tab at the top of your screen. You'll see the 2014 UFO Group, and you click to join. Then post a new thread there in the Group, and copy & paste your beautiful list there.

We've already pulled the first number, and is plated there in the group. I try to keep it near the top of the list.

See you over there!

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
                          It was hard for me to pick only 12 UFOs. I love to piece together tops and get bogged down in how to quilt them. This month I'll be finishing a pretty little "Summer in the Park" quilt top. I'd love advice (with pictures) if anyone has ideas for me on how to quilt it.
                          I'm not your best quilter, so you may want to ignore my advice, but I would SITD.

Comment

Just bumping this up for potential new members.

Comment

Can I still join in on the fun? I'm an extreme newbie and an addict! I may not finish 12 quilts but can I join and use "learn this new pattern" some months?

I do have some unfinished tops that were supposed to be Christmas gifts but then sadly I had to put my machine in the shop and couldn't finish them in time.
                              Last edited by NeesyLove; January 4, 2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X