X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Your Sewing Room Pictures or Links to Your Albums Here

Originally posted by SweetTea View Post
    I would like to know about the lamp over your sewing machine and the square ironing board. Thanks.
    There are two laps, both are Ott Lights. The black one is their origianal (does that tell you how long I have been doing this) and it is still on its origianl light bulb and the lighter colored one, I picked up at Joann's a couple of years ago on a 50% off sale.

The square ironing board - your gona laugh. It is a regular ironing board underneath, but it is a mesh metal shelf from Ikea. It origionaly had 2 layers of batting and then was covered by wool suiting. When we moved, I recovered it because the wool suiting was in bad shape, and I added 3 layers of batting (warm and natural) and the cover is made out of repro feedsack yardage.

It is 46 inches wide, and 22 inches deep, plenty of room to do just about anything, including ironing a shirt!
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Comment

I love to see where everyone creates!!

Here is my creative "corner" in our 5th wheel for the next several months.

Messy with 2 sewing machines underneath, tubs of fabric and too much more tucked in every nook and cranny yet need to shop for more :-)

9154482744_61c857fd67.jpg

:-Debbie
      Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Ok, I'm done (for now) organizing fabric. So, here is my sewing room. Ignore the carpet, you know how it is. I only put cuts of fabric a yard or more on the comic book boards. I have smaller pieces stashed here there and everywhere else! I'll come up with something for them eventually. Mostly on the bookshelf is what I got from that Estate Sale I went to. So anyway, here ya go:

WP_20130709_003 (640x360).jpgWP_20130709_005 (640x360).jpgWP_20130709_006 (640x360).jpg
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

My humble sewing abode. It's small but I love it.
          IMG_0261.jpg
          My sweet 16.
          IMG_0262.jpg
          Pegboard and closet
          IMG_0263.jpg
          My signs
          IMG_0265.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
            Ok, I'm done (for now) organizing fabric. So, here is my sewing room. Ignore the carpet, you know how it is. I only put cuts of fabric a yard or more on the comic book boards. I have smaller pieces stashed here there and everywhere else! I'll come up with something for them eventually. Mostly on the bookshelf is what I got from that Estate Sale I went to. So anyway, here ya go:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51096[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51097[/ATTACH]
            I love your sewing room and the layout. Of course, I also love the green!
            sigpicMISA
            I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanne View Post
              My humble sewing abode. It's small but I love it.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]51104[/ATTACH]
              My sweet 16.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]51105[/ATTACH]
              Pegboard and closet
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]51106[/ATTACH]
              My signs
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]51107[/ATTACH]
              I also love your sewing room! How do you like your Sweet Sixteen quilting machine?
              sigpicMISA

Comment

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]50308[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50309[/ATTACH]
                Don't need much space in this thread as I only have 2 little rooms I call sewing room. Sometimes I envy sewing buddies for their large rooms, but only sometimes. Not when I have to clear and clean mine.
                I love the storage you have and to have 2 rooms is great!
                sigpicMISA

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                  Here's my studio...still a work in progress but workable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50194[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50195[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50196[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50200[/ATTACH]
                  I am sooo jealous! This is lovely. Wish it was ALL MINE!

Comment

Originally posted by HdWench View Post
                    I love to see where everyone creates!!

Here is my creative "corner" in our 5th wheel for the next several months.

Messy with 2 sewing machines underneath, tubs of fabric and too much more tucked in every nook and cranny yet need to shop for more :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50873[/ATTACH]

:-Debbie
                    Looks like you took out your dining room table to make that space. We all have to do something to create our own areas! Who eats at the table in the 5ver anyway????? Not me! Nice area Debbie!

Comment

I've got a couple of areas.. this one off the front room and is set up right now to do the Quilting with my Home machine.

set up4quilting.jpg Homequilt setup.jpg

This set up takes up most of the space.. next to my Design wall and antique sewing machine. All the fabric I have is hidden in a closet.
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

I thought I would go ahead a post some pictures of my work space, though it is still a work in progress. I'd like to brighten it up a little bit. Maybe change out my window treatments or something. The 2 women in the picture are in Honduras. They are learning to sew. As you all can see, I still have a whole wall for shelving and pretties. I've still not begun using the closet in my room, but will eventually.
                        20130813_150013_resized.jpg 20130812_173202_resized.jpg 20130813_182058_resized.jpg20130625_163712_resized.jpg 20130625_163740_resized.jpg 20130625_163659_resized.jpg
                        sigpicMISA

Comment

Such a lovely room to create in.

Marion

Comment

Here are links to my photo albums:

Quilts: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...-t-quilts.html

Mug Rugs: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...-mug-rugs.html

LIttle Things: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...le-things.html

Rag Quilts: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...ag-qulits.html
                            "What we do for ourselves dies with us.
                            What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."
                            - Albert Pine

Comment

We have a small garden room which my husband has just finished making into a sewing area for me, my sewing table is his old desk sanded and painted. The merchant chest belonged to my son who was getting rid of it so my husband brought it home and renovated it in the same way. The room has half glass walls on two sides so it gets lots of natural light. My fabric is stored in the drawers to protect it. I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow - it certainly won't look so neat and tidy after that but it'll be nice not to have to move everything off the dining room table when we want to eat! My son has cut and sanded a piece of plywood for me ready to make an ironing pad and I've bought a 18"x24" cutting mat which fits nicely on top of the chest and is a good height. For large things I'll still have to use the large mat on the dining room table. I'm so pleased with it and wanted to share.sewing room 005.jpg

Comment

Lovely space he has done for you. Nicely refurbished furniture. Enjoy

Marion

Comment

Working...
                                X