This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Your Sewing Room Pictures or Links to Your Albums Here

Would anyone else like to share some pictures of their sewing space? It's great to get new ideas about organizing etc.

Comment

My pics already are in one of my albums -- My Sewing Room. I use much of the family room in addition to my sewing room.

Comment

mess2.jpg
        My room. Cabinets and shelves on both sides, three tables,
        two sewing machines.

Comment

Laura, love your space. It's so neat and tidy.
          Mine is still being worked on. Have my two new shelving units installed but am waiting on my new cutting table with cubbies to be built. Then I'll post a picture.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

While I still have it somewhat neat 😁. Its a 9x11 room I think, so its a good bit packed but DH gave me lots and lots of little cubbies and storage solutions. Love the cutting/sewing table the most because we can sit in stools to sew or stand at the machine which is really handy when doing long strips.

20211106_101352.jpg

Underneath the mat (by Alvin co) the entire surface has been made into an ironing board, so great for pressing quilts or that really wrinkled yardage.

20211106_101427.jpg

The DH also gave me hydraulic lift hinges like those for hoods of cars or trunks, so the entire thing lifts up easily for well even more storage 😍. Its holding some art supplies and wrapping supplies, right now as well as a few old cutting mats.

The legs of the table are 3 9x9 cube storage units... 20211106_101455.jpg 20211106_101646.jpg 20211106_101956.jpg

Comment

Continuing on lol, cuz yeah lots packed in here as you can sort of see...

My granddaughter of course needs her own space... 20211106_102005.jpg

And then threads... 20211106_102100.jpg 20211106_102050.jpg

Its a grey wool ironing mat for smaller projects on top of the rolling cabinet. That also doubles as storage for trims and things, though top drawer is set up with my mom's sewing nest... 20211106_102038.jpg

Comment

And then... lol, there's the wall of cutting and pattern making goodies along with a nice TV the DH got us to watch tutorials on or play music while we work...

20211106_102128.jpg

Please dont mind the current mess below, its scraps of batting and muslin from us moving on to quilting the tops we finished.

And then the closet, with well just a bit of everything including knitting machines and the all important snacks too... 20211106_102231.jpg

And then the precuts and serger cart with our ironing/applique station... 20211106_101533.jpg

And my sewing nest cart that holds even more trims and art supplies... 20211106_101604.jpg

And our poor by the bolts are unfortunately left to the floor... 20211106_101823.jpg

Comment

And last but not least, in a completely different room especially since as you can see nearly every square inch of space is currently being used... the LA room for now, it needs some paint after being our computer room. 20211106_102330.jpg

Comment

You have a fantastic space! My favourite has to be the the table top with hydraulic lifts. The things I could store in there!
                    Are your white storage carts ‘Alex’ units from IKEA? I always thought they would be very useful.

And a long arm room too! I’m so jealous!
                    Maria
                    Alberta, Canada

Comment

• Namastarz
                      Namastarz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The storage carts are actually just off Amazon. I think they were around 40 a piece or so... DH reinforced the back with some scrap wood, just 4 1x2's since they were still a little shaky. But we love them. We also swing them up beside us when doing long quilts to act as an extra holder for the sides

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love the storage with hydraulic lift -- trying to figure if I could incorporate that somewhere.

Y’all did a fantastic job…..looks like just about everything has it’s place…..I too love that hydraulic lift! 🧵💕🧵
                    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

• Namastarz
                      Namastarz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did think he was a little nutty when he was explaining it, but yeah it is super nice, a little bit of oomph to get it started and then smooth as a car trunk it slide up to position, a little tug and down it comes again just as smooth as it went up. Forgot to mention the 2 shelves over the cutting table though they're sitting empty because that's the place for the cats when we're working so truly a place for everything! 🤣

• Star lover
                      Star lover commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Even the kitties have their place…..and it looks like they approve of the new room! 🐈‍⬛

It appears that nothing went unthought of. Happy creations will be made in those rooms.
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

Beautiful spaces and organization. No excuse not to be cranking out those quilts. Enjoy.
                      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X