OK, You asked for it, so here it is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, You asked for it, so here it is!

Ladies, about a year ago, I made a post asking how many of you would be interested in a mystery quilt. A lot of you said yes.

Well a lot has happened in this last year and I was not able to write my 2012 Mystery Quilt.. but now that things have settled down in my life, I have had time to write a Mystery Quilt for 2013!

It is in the proofing stages and is set to have the 1st clue release on July 8.

The quilt is called "Into the light" It is a study in color, looks extremely complicated and will impress all of your friends and they will say "You made that??" This is a VERY simple quilt to sew, the magic is in the layout.. but I have said to much already.....

It is 85 x 85 with mitered borders. It is set on a black background and has 6 colors in 3 shades. Fabric requirements are 1/8 to 1/4 with a few being a little more than that.. again, I have said to much!

I will teach you how to find your perfect 1/4 inch, how to cut and sew straight, how to do piping (an option in the instructions) and how to painlessly miter a corner.. Oh I have said to much again!!

The group is open to anyone, confident beginner with basic skills with a rotary cutter and ruler and can sew a quarter inch seam to experienced quilter with 100's of quilts under her apron.

Full instructions are still being written, but the 1st clue, which will have all of the fabric requirements, will be posted on July 1. You will be given 2 weeks to gather fabrics and then the 2nd clue will be released on July 15 and every Monday there after till we are finished.

The group is set up and you can join now.

Click here to go to the group or click on the link in my signature line.

I love a good mystery!!

Susan

P/S - Teresa aka MrsT2u will be helping with the group and answering questions if I am not available. As my DH says, if you want to buy fabric, you must earn the money to do so... so come Aug 1, I am back to work and Teresa will take over posting clues and answering questions for me.
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Re: OK, You asked for it, so here it is!

sounds exciting! I just joined! And it's a great time too. My daughter gets married on July 5th and we'll be driving her stuff to her new home in Virginia. I'll be back home on the 15th.

Comment

Sounds like fun!! I joined too.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I joined as well, not sure about the mitered corners though!

Comment

I just joined too - my first group!
          Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

Just joined, I participated in the last one and I really enjoyed it!! Looking forward to the clues. Thank you for starting a new mystery.

Comment

Thanks Susan aka Fabriclovr for all your hard work in writing all of the instructions, fabric requirements, etc., etc.

I've said this before, but it's so true that it's worth repeating . . . You are as handy as a pocket on a shirt!

Can't wait to get started on this beauty . . .oops! I've said too much!
              --Only God can make the perfect quilt, all others he left for me.

Comment

This sounds like fun and I just joined. It´s my first group and I can´t wait to start

Comment

Hmmm, I am very tempted to join in. Ah, why not!!! I joined!
                  ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                  /
                  Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

I took the plunge and dived straight in - What have I done? Looking forward to learning a lot more than I do now !

Comment

Originally posted by lilmouse View Post
                      I joined as well, not sure about the mitered corners though!
                      Psshtttt! Mitered corners are a BREEZE the way I do them, you will wonder why you were so afraid of them!!
                      Just One More Yard - Blog
                      Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Fabriclovr View Post
                        Psshtttt! Mitered corners are a BREEZE the way I do them, you will wonder why you were so afraid of them!!
                        I figured that if I could not follow the mitered corners, I could do a regular border - since we are keeping this one, mine can be different if need be. I do plan on trying them. This sounds like so much fun - I haven't done a mystery quilt before.
                        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I joined; don't know if I can keep up or not, but I will give it a shot. Looking forward to the challenge!
                          I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

I joined yesterday. I may have to take a sewing machine to work with me.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm intrigued! I have sooo many things to finish between now and Christmas, but I'll probably cave.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X