No announcement yet.

OK, You asked for it, so here it is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK, You asked for it, so here it is!

Originally posted by Roxanne View Post
    I'm intrigued by this, but I have problems picking out two fabrics. Can't imagine how long it would take me to decide on 18.
    You will have two weeks to pick fabric. The 1st clue ois the fabric requirements. I then give you two weeks to pick out the colors you want to use before the next clue, If you are going to purchase on line, this should give you enough time to get it delivered.

Hint - you will actually have 3 weeks to pick out the colors as we will only be working with the black for the 2nd clue.. opps said to much again!
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Comment

Hope I have you all thinking outside the box for fabric.

Yes, there are 18 colors, plus the black background.

Comment

Thank you so much for hosting the mystery quilt. It is my first one and I am very excited!

Comment

Your welcome! I love doing these, they are a lot of work to create, but I love the outcome and to see what everyone else's quilts look like when they are done. fun fun fun!!

Comment

Okay I guess I am game, have no idea what this is all about but I love a mystery and I love quilts so should be fun !!!

Comment

Ah, I bit the bullet and joined. Have never done one of these before, so it should be interesting. I hope I'm not the only one who is a little apprehensive about it; am already thinking about colors.
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

A mystery quilt is one that has several steps (clues) that are given out on a weekly or monthly basis until the quilt is reveled in the end clue.

The pace of this quilt will be slow as it is geared towards beginners and those that have to work for a living or those that have family's to take care of and have limited time to sew.

Everyone seams to be afraid of being able to keep up, trust me, you will be able to keep up

Comment

I have never done a mystery quilt -- but I love a good mystery to what the heck. I'll give it a go. Going to join now.

Ginny B
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Pre-Clue #3 is up on the Groups site and the .pdf version is up on my web page. Happy Clue Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Fabriclovr View Post
                      Fabric requirements are 1/8 to 1/4 with a few being a little more than that...
                      So, what does 1/8 to 1/4 mean? Is this a measure? Sorry, this is quite new to me...

Love, Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by sandfran View Post
                        So, what does 1/8 to 1/4 mean? Is this a measure? Sorry, this is quite new to me...

Love, Sandra
                        Hi Sandra,
                        This refers to the amount of fabric needed, 1/8 yard or 4.5 inches and 1/4 yard or 9 inches or in Germany 114.3 mm and 228.6 mm or at least that is what Google tells me.

Hope that helps

Comment

Ah yes. Thank you. I´m curious already and looking forward for the next clue...

Originally posted by Fabriclovr View Post
                          Hi Sandra,
                          This refers to the amount of fabric needed, 1/8 yard or 4.5 inches and 1/4 yard or 9 inches or in Germany 114.3 mm and 228.6 mm or at least that is what Google tells me.

Hope that helps

Comment

ohhhhh I LOVE mystery quilt alongs... no there is only so much room for fabric in this 5th wheel... ohhhh but I stuff fabric even in my clothing drawers hehehe OK dang it... sucked another one in... *sigh*

Heck I need another quilt to auction off for animal rescue in Minnesota when we arrive, this will fit the bill :-) Yes!!!!!!!!!!
                            Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Pre Clue #4 is posted in the Mystery Quilt group.. we are getting close, one more clue on Saturday and then Monday we are off!

Little hint: 18 fabrics seams like a lot of colors, but do some quick math in your head. 18 divided by 3 is 6, so we are looking at 6 colors plus black, not so crazy now is it? . . . . . or is it?

Comment

Oh boy! After reading all of the post, I'm excited!! I'm joining. Guess I have a reason to take myself out of "time out" and go to the quilt shop and buy some fabric, LOL :-)
                                "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
                                Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
                                Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

Working...
                                X