No announcement yet.

Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in to see everyone's progress. I started Part 1 and got almost half of the 9 patches done then got wrapped up in other projects. I'm very scattered...too many things going on at once, which is where I've been for most of this year. I'm being gentle with myself since some years are just like that. I'm thinking I will follow Bonnie's advice and do some of each clue, then go back when I have more time after the holidays. I'm going with her color scheme as it's my first go around and because I had plenty of these colors in my stash. What an awesome feeling to be able to pull enough scraps and yardage for a good size quilt without spending a cent.
    Michele
    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

I finished each clue despite being so sick. Just did a bit each day. Here are mine… took a chance on a multi for the orange (really small print) constant for the teal, and swapped purple for yellow scrappies. Enough contrast so I think I’ll be ok.. I’ve had the multi & teal yardage for almost 5 years waiting for inspiration. I think I’ll have plenty for a pieced backing, too. Feels awesome to finally use this yardage.

4CF6761B-CDE1-4C59-ADCF-9885876C25C9.jpg EDC758C0-D41C-4B20-8999-22E5C6A970C9.jpg
      Last edited by Teen; December 5, 2022, 04:37 PM.
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Ruthie734
        Ruthie734 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a lot of work for a sick lady! I like your colors!

How is everyone doing on the mystery? I finished clue 5 yesterday so I am all caught up. So glad this clue allowed us to finally assemble something. I’m pleased with my colorway and fabric choices. I was a bit nervous but I think I did ok. Like all mysteries, I’m anxious to see and get to the end result.
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I just can't find enough time to keep up, with the holiday activities occupying my time. So I've resorted to cutting out all the pieces for each clue, stitching up one unit and placing each clue in a baggie. I am caught up with that through clue 5. It will be nice to be able to sit and sew with all the prep already done.
        Michele

Comment

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Cutting is half the battle….you’ll zoom through when you can finally sit down and start sewing. Great winter project..

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          Tiny pieces make short seams that sew up quickly, the cutting takes the most time.

I have finished all the clues so far, I did make a mistake on the 4 patches but my neutral is very close to my "aqua" so that it really isn't obvious. There is probably not enough contrast but it is done and will stay that way.😐 I am using Christmas fabric and don't mind taking a long time to finish it.
        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Would love to see your clue 5 block in Christmas colors…. I’ll post a pick of my block, too..

Here is my clue 5…

55123D3A-017C-4FF5-9756-DB9D28B50979.jpg 5B38B234-3CA2-49B1-9CE3-5195FD56563A.jpg

Comment

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!!

• Ruthie734
          Ruthie734 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that’s a beauty!

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Ruthie…

Here's my humble block. History in the making, lol... it's my first ever Bonnie Hunter block!! It will be fun to see the quilt develop when all the scrappy blocks get to play together. Turns out, purple+aqua+orange=not too bad.

1345B141-21F1-4481-9576-8145B8D24187_1_102_o.jpg
        Michele

Comment

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!!! The soft orange is gorgeous with the aqua….and polka dot BG…yummy…Bonnie does have an eye for colorways….I almost did a constant background but I have so much of low volume chunks and pieces decided to scrappy the BG and the yellow. I cleaning out some low volume scraps which feels so great..
          Last edited by Teen; December 28, 2022, 09:24 PM.

• Ruthie734
          Ruthie734 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that block!

• chelea
          chelea commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you gals! I wish I had more neutrals in my stash but alas...

Here it is Teen, I am considering fixing the 4 patch.🙄IMG_1106.jpg
        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• chelea
          chelea commented
          Editing a comment
          Very pretty in Christmas colors!

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s lovely! Wow…

I’m working on clue 6…just a handful to finish. Those big squares seems so out of character for Bonnie…According to social media, some quilters are making an alternative block for those spots but I’m good. Just pulled out some larger print fabrics, as Bonnie suggested.

11547244-03F6-4633-B040-C20C815B81AA.jpg
        Last edited by Teen; December 31, 2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• chelea
          chelea commented
          Editing a comment
          Those blocks look great! Following along with social media during Block Heads there were always the same few quilters who needed to increase the piece count on every block. But that's the beauty of a sew-along, to see where everyone's creativity takes them.

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I like how these fabrics and colors are turning out. The tiny piecing is part of the fun for so many. More power to them…lol..

Woohoo! Spoiler alert! Today was the reveal and I think it’s gorgeous!!
        Michele

Comment

• Teen
          Teen commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too! I absolutely love it.

All my sashing is cut and row 1 assembled…then we lost power. Hahahaha… oh well! I’ll be working on this over the weekend in between chores. So happy with the reveal..

Comment

• chelea
          chelea commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to see it!
      Working...
      X