No announcement yet.

WIP - March 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have finished all my UfOs, unbelievable I know. I even fmq some odd leftover blocks and made an ovalish 🙄 tablecloth for my 60" x 84" dining table. Usually it is 60" round but adding the leaf makes it difficult to get a cloth to fit.
    I drew a new slip of paper [I have fabric group names written on paper slips to randomly draw] for my next project and have a jelly roll and yardage combo to work on, I think it will be a Summer in the Park revisited. Now all I need is more of the background fabric. This adds a trip to the quilt shop to my errands today, woohoo.😀
    Edited to add that the quilt shop did have more of the fabric I needed so the quilt will have an aqua paisley background. It will be bright.😁
    Last edited by Claire Hallman; March 24, 2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations Claire! That's quite an accomplishment. Must feel so good.

• Maria Sews
      Maria Sews commented
      Editing a comment
      That is quite an accomplishment, Claire! I have also been thinking of making a tablecloth for my dining table. Can you tell me if you add a drop on the sides or is it better to just have the top covered?
      I made a lap sized Summer in the Park Revisited as one of my first quilts and gave it to my MIL for her 80th birthday. I still had half the blocks left so made one for myself as well. It's still one of my favourites! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      I added about a 9" drop all around to the cloth.
      Last edited by Claire Hallman; March 25, 2021, 04:33 PM.

Here’s my wip. These blocks are from a moda cake book ( I think that’s what it’s called). Need to cut background blocks now and CCA44ADD-5D17-4610-9AFE-E270420FECD0.jpeg sew together. Will it get finished before the wedding?

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look great!

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job Karen, your blocks look perfect!

• Cathy F
      Cathy F commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful wedding gift!

What an accomplishment Clare! Way to go

Comment

Friday afternoon I made a binding tool table runner. I used a 10" block and 10" strips using tip of ruler for angle. Bordered with 2 1/2" strip neutral. Realized, you could make with layer cake - 1 block for center, cut 10" square in 4 strips. This would make both angle & sides same. Good use of left-over layer cakes.

tablerunner.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• ktdid
        ktdid commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there anything you can't make?? All of your projects always look so good!!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        I cut two 2 1/2" strips WOF (so 22") -- I had FQs. I sub-cut strips to 10" long, and stacked 4 together, making sure 2 right side, 2 wrong side. Then I used the tool, just the angled side and trimmed one end. For the center block, I cut a 10" background fabric and 2 1/2" squares (as many as you make rows. I made a 2 1/2" strips for border, but you could use whatever width you want to fit your table.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Katie -- probably not. I used to sew garments since I was at least 10. My dad did upholstering, so I learned to do that, even making clothes with some very cool fabrics. Twiggy was a big influence on my sewing style, and in my teens, I made all my clothes and was a spiffy dresser. I read a lot of European fashion magazines, and would just make my own patterns - self-taught. My dad was definitely my creative mentor, as mom was more of the cook diva. There are things I can do, but with age, chose not to.
    Working...
    X