Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Check the thread under the GROUPS - January's number has been posted.

Leave a comment:

• lots2do
    replied
    Count me in! I am reminded of that ad for the other white meat that reminded people to eat pork. I have been tied up with projects in one of the other needle crafts- knitting. Lately that has not been as satisfying as it could be and I am ready to jump back to needle and thread.
    Making a list would probably crank me up even more with semi-guilt over so many projects, so little time. I might start an unfinished tote. It would be a little like an archaeological dig only backwards. I could layer the projects and shift them around at will. I just bought some three gallon ziplocks that might help me organize them.
    We are spending our first winter in some time in snow country. The cold days coming (sooner than we'd like) will keep us in. That may that be a motivation to do more than drink hot tea and read mysteries!
    Thank you for starting this. I think it'll be just what I need! And it sounds like fun too.

Leave a comment:

• CarlieBlilie
    replied
    Thanks Lyn!

Leave a comment:

• justLyn
    commented on 's reply
    Following the number is not mandatory. You can work on them in your own personal order, or if you want to follow the number drawn for each month, you could add some fill-in projects at the end of your list to choose from when you finish something "ahead of schedule". As Suzanne said - there are no quilt police here. Thank goodness!

• CarlieBlilie
    replied
    I just joined! I will get my list together and post later today, I think. After I get my baking done. Question though. If you pick a number to work on that month and I have already completed that one, what do I do? Do I replace that item number when I complete it with another item? Oh boy, I can see that I may accomplish a lot more this year!

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I love piecing and quilting but hate to sandwhich. I'm going to buy a stand up frame for my longarm next year. I know then I'll quilt everything. I used a friends a few years ago and was productive. That's great Suzanne, I know you must love your set up!!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    That's ok Rachel. Last winter (Jan-Mar) I made 7-8 tops, but didn't get around to quilting most of them until late summer-fall. I still have 2 to be done and I know I will only tackle them in 2021.
    I used the 'not right size' or type of batting. I just got a motherload of batting from various places, different sizes and types - cotton/wool, wool, 80/20 and bamboo. No excuses. I have a roll to finish, but prefer to use pre-cut sizes.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I'm the master at finishing tops but slow as a snail sandwiching to quilt. I keep blaming it on I need a roll of batting!! Lol

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    This is great -- I see a number of you have joined the group. For those who haven't yet, its not too late. It's never too late, even if you join half-way through the year. Put your list together and name the topic by your name.

We know life happens, and for some putting your list on paper can be stressful. I promise, no stress and this is about working at our own speed. Some of us are sprinters and others slow but sure.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    I dont think its critical or mandatory that we are expected to finish all our projects/quilt numbers. The important thing is to keep working on them, when we can and for as long as we can, so they don't feel un-loved and cast aside. Life can get in the way, but eventually those issues will step aside.

• Mdtrimble
    replied
    That sounds like a fun idea! I look forward to seeing everyone’s projects!

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    commented on 's reply
    Look for the "+ New Topic" button at the top of the lists, click on that and you will be able to start your own list.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied
    Suzanne, thank you for leading the UFO group this year and also Kimsophia for all her support in this very complicated and stressful year. Although this year I have not managed to finish as many things as I wanted (the masks have prevented me from doing it) I hope that next year I will be able to finish something else

Leave a comment:

• MNnancy
    replied
    I joined, but now how do I start my list within that group?

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I tend to do a whole day of cutting out things that need to get done when I need to rest...I do it sitting down. Then I piece quite a few projects by thread color...I'm not a fan of having to switch threads so often. I'll post pics at lunch. I have 4 table runners plus more smaller items to get done this week. I think I planned too much but I'm determined to get these gifts done!!
Working...
X