WIP - June 18-July 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - June 18-July 2, 2020

If anyone wants to start the weekly thread, I wont be offended. But since its summer, this is a busy time, so for now I will post it bi-weekly.

Life -- busy -- sewing, yes -- quilting, yes -- gardening & yardwork, yes -- babysitting grandkids, yes -- video chats with my mom in residence, yes -- practicing on our new Amara, definitely yes, but not before everything else is done.

I have finally finished sewing the last 2 of 8 cushions for glider planes. So glad to get this done -- a real pain the in <you know where>. Never mention, ratty seats to anyone, and that you could fix that. Also more than done making masks. I always have 20-25 on hands, and then they are gone, I am mostly giving them to people I know, who ask nicely. I have been cleaning up sewing areas in basement, in preparation for the arrival and set-up of LA. We re-organized the family room in basement, functions a lot better now, and Amara fits right in. Lots of space to go around, We got the lights as the pot lights above get too hot.

With the heat wave, off and on, we are spending time indoors when there's a heat advisory. yeah, more sewing.

What's under your needle?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Very nice! I bet you're thrilled to have the LA set up. I like the quilt. The FMQ is beautiful. Did you do that free hand, or did you use a pantograph? I like the design. I know you'll have many happy hours quilting on that.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Joy - the pattern was on the Pro-Stitcher. There are a number of patterns to pick from. It is computer (brain) as an add-on to long-arm.

Since I decided to undo my recent pop stars quilt in the future [it is just really too bad] that left me without a project and that will never do. I started a Brilliant Swirls quilt using a jelly roll I have had for years, so far this is pretty easy. I hope I have enough of my accent fabric #1 since I am using stash. I do have an alternative that I could use for half, just need to figure that out and my brain was not interested today, maybe tomorrow will be a better math day.😁

Comment

Suzanne, you are right, summer is a different time, it is good weather and you can do so many fun things and we are not in the forum for so long, and our proyects are a little forgoten. Anyway I have started a scrappy quilt with 2.5" squares and I hope to be able to assemble it in the first days of July, the batting and quilting will be for the fall

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Our weather is extremely hot and humid lately (in the 90-100), and we are in a heat warning advisory for the next week. So that will mean plenty of indoor time, possibly sewing and not doing household chores.
    Working...
    X