WIP - June 5-18, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - June 5-18, 2020

OK -- I missed a few weeks, so lumping last week and next week together. Its been hectic with family (mom is now Covid free), home. Why is it that when summer finally arrives for me, everything needs to be taken care of at the same time. It was too cold previously to do much yardwork, and then WHAM-BAM -- we went from winter to summer in a few days. Heat, humidity, crazy winds and rain -- so finally starting to do some serious yard clean up and planting. Other than making another 40-50 masks for family and friends, I have been attacking my fabric bins with a vengeance. I cut leftover scraps into strips and 2 1/2'', 4 & 5'' squares. Anything smaller than than is bagged for a friend who does strip quilts and another friend who does crumb quilts. I have no interest in these. Since I have been using up a lot of fat eights for masks, it has revealed a lot of fabrics I had misplaced. My FQs are now all together in a few bins, organized by colors and style. Yeah!

I also cut the inner border of the Bouquet quilt, and hope to sew that soon, if we get more rain. I have also been waiting for delivery of LA. It was expected last Friday, but finally arrived yesterday. The main computer didn't get loaded with the shipment, so it should be coming today or tomorrow. If all goes well, the LA will be set up on Sunday. Monday -- I know where I will be -- even if its the most gorgeous weather.

So what have you been working on. What project / quilt have you finished? Please share with us. Thanks.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

I spent the better part of the morning taking out a border I had put on a quilt late one night and remeasuring and cutting again. What a crooked mess! I hope to get it on the frame tomorrow. I never have wonky borders I always measure and pin. I am not sure what happen with this one. Other than that the only sewing I have done lately is masks ( totally burned out on making those) and the Moda Block Head 3 weekly blocks.
    I ordered some elastic from Shabby Fabrics for the mask I am making this elastic is so much more comfortable around your ears, than any other I have used. Its kind of like the elastic that is on a disposable mask but it comes in colors like hot pink and aqua. It was also delivered fast.

Comment

I am working on a new quilt for one of my GD but I am at a complete standstill. Waiting on fabric ordered 5/20 and another order from last week. Hurry up already! I have some rows laid out on my design wall and tomorrow I am going on a scavenger hunt where did I put those red glasses I have so I can take another look at my layout and see if I have the lights/darks arranged right?!

Comment

Working on a PopStar quilt using a layer cake, of course i had to change things a bit by using sashing. I think I won't use the tiny hst border either, my sashing is going to be a small border and then a larger one from a large floral matching the layercake.
        I tried to find a match across the floral yardage but there doesn't seem to be one and the fabric is directional so my border seams are going to be fairly obvious, sad about that but there seems no choice.

Comment

Spent all day yesterday looking for my scissors, snips and thumbdrive. Finally remembered I put them in the space under the dining room chair cushion. I hate it when I do a major cleaning, rearranging job. It takes forever to find where I hid things. So today I can try to get my mojo going.
          sigpic

Comment

I finished quilting my second quilt for my sister‘s kids today, and basted the third (she has 4 kids, and I’m making quilts for each of them for Christmas). I continue to work on my Liberty star EPP scrappy quilt. Happy with the progress there, so far, and 8 appreciate all the support I got to try the different threads for this project - this is my first EPP project. I’ve been using 120 weight poly thread,
            and the seams seam to be holding up well, and I’m happy that my stitches are barely visible.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Nwmnteacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Those stars are adorable! Be sure to share the finished project with us.

I finally finished the Rosy Wreath quilt I was working on. It took forever to find the backing I was looking for. I searched high and low on the internet and just could not find what I was looking for. Finally...when I was able to get to my local quilt shop there it was. It jumped right out at me. There was just enough on the bolt for the quilt back, binding, and enough to make two valances. I added a ruffle on the bottom to make them a little longer. It took every bit of the fabric. This one will be going to mom.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NancyH; June 22, 2020, 12:17 PM.
            Nancy

Comment

Working...
            X