WIP - May 29 - June 4, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - May 29 - June 4, 2020

Sorry -- I've been MIA lately. Its not for lack of being busy. This weekend, we went to a LQS. She is open by appointment only. Its my favorite shop, even though its an hour away. She also sells HQ products and this is where I rent the LA for large quilts. Then we came home and furiously stated moving furniture about, in the basement family room. We need at least 8' x 14' -- to make space for...….. drum roll ……. HQ Amara with Pro-Stitcher on a 12' frame. I am excited beyond excited.

It will make staying home, no vacationing, a real pleasure. You may never get me on the road again, unless its to a LQS.

Oh I have made another dozen masks and assembled the Bouquet fabric top. Just need to cut borders and she will be done. I even have a backing t hat will be suitable.

What are you up to these days?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Congratulations, I know you are thrilled.

Comment

Congratulations Suzanne! You will be so happy. I wish I had had room for a 12 ft. frame when I bought my LA. Oh well, If I decide to make another king size quilt, I may just need to have it quilted by check. I am surpirsed, because I don't remember you saying that you were looking into one. I am so very happy for you. You will be a quilting wizard in no time.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        We got serious about getting LA last year. We looked at Gammill and HQ. Then it would have been a pain to rearrange all the furniture, and I couldn't envision it in the space we had. Then there was the high cost of Gammill we wanted was at least 1/3 more than HQ.
        When we looked at it again recently, DH just casually mentioned it when we were at the LQS. Sure he said to the owner, we will measure. BUT oh, I measured this time. This determined woman was not going to say no this time. Since there are no quilt shows, the owner gave us a quilt show special and threw in a lot of the accessories that I wanted. We also got the overhead light.

Congratulations Suzanne, how exciting for you!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Congrats, Suzanne. So jealous! There is no way I would have room in the overpriced, small place we rent in Vermont. Maybe someday in a place not in Vermont and way bigger.
        It's been on my "to do" list, to create a low tone scrappy background quilt top with applique that pops! I finally acquired the fabrics (I have had the pattern for quite some time). Paper Cut by Pamela Morgan.

Paper Cut Pamela Morgan 05.31.20.jpg

Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the pattern. Reminds me of a small wallhanging I once made.
      Working...
      X