Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP May 22-28

I’m going to be impertinent, and start this week’s post😉

I’m working on throw quilts for my sister’s kids, and finished piecing #3. I hope to finish all 4 by Christmas (I have quilted and bound one so far). I also finished quilting a baby quilt for one of my colleagues. But what is really renting space in my brain this week is the EPP project I’m prepping for (I cut material for it this week and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my paper pieces from MSQC). We’re planning on visiting my Dad (and sheltering-in-place with him) this summer, so I’ll be without my sewing machine for ~3 weeks - solution? My very first EPP project. I’m planning to start piece a scrappy Libery star quilt, and decided to further challenge myself to include at least one piece from each fabric in my stash. Here’s what I have so far:

what have you all been working on?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

image.jpegimage.jpeg Mdtrimble...beautiful projects.. I'm partial to your black,,white, and yellow...my fav colorway.

This week I hope to finish my garden quilt. I have kitted up a new quilt project using scraps from the garden quilt. I'll be making a gingham pattern...it's on my bucket list. I need to design a table topper for my new furniture for sunroom and make a second 16" pocket pillow...not sure what pattern I'll use. Here are the sunroom projects I've made so far using scraps from the garden quilt to coordinate.. Pocket pillow amd Wallhanging
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thanks for starting the week's thread. I just haven't been getting to the forum as much. I need to use laptop upstairs in office, and I just dont like going there. I could use it on main floor, but then I have no place to store things. I try not to spread out, as this just encourages my DH to do so as well, and then it gets out of hand.

I have been working on projects. I finished 2 more glider plane seat cushions. I think these are the backs for the pilot and passenger/student. The backs were previously hand sewn and this was the only way to do it easily. It was a bit tough on the fingers, but I got these both done rather quickly. Just 2 more to do and I'm done.

back-gray cushions.jpggray cushions.jpg

I have made 25 masks on Sunday. I was able to purchase 25 metres of elastic, so now I sell the masks at a reasonable price to pay for supplies.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Teen
        Teen commented
        Editing a comment
        Those seat cushions look so professional. I debated whether to make my own but decided I'm going to buy them.

IMG_1291.JPGI am almost done with my fmq on this one.And have done a bit on this one, half of the flippy corners are sewn. This will be the Pop Stars from the video IMG_1290.JPG a couple of weeks ago.
      The pictures got switched.😣

Comment

• Mdtrimble
        Mdtrimble commented
        Editing a comment
        I love
        All the bright colors in the quilt you’re piecing! Can’t wait to see how it comes together!

• Teen
        Teen commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful FMQ'ing...

Originally posted by Mdtrimble View Post
      I’m going to be impertinent, and start this week’s post😉

I’m working on throw quilts for my sister’s kids, and finished piecing #3. I hope to finish all 4 by Christmas (I have quilted and bound one so far). I also finished quilting a baby quilt for one of my colleagues. But what is really renting space in my brain this week is the EPP project I’m prepping for (I cut material for it this week and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my paper pieces from MSQC). We’re planning on visiting my Dad (and sheltering-in-place with him) this summer, so I’ll be without my sewing machine for ~3 weeks - solution? My very first EPP project. I’m planning to start piece a scrappy Libery star quilt, and decided to further challenge myself to include at least one piece from each fabric in my stash. Here’s what I have so far:

what have you all been working on?
      Love the designs of both your quilts.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

Working...
      X