WIP - May 15-21, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - May 15-21, 2020

What's new in your sewing room? Any new starts?

I had it with sewing masks and cushions this week, so I pulled out a layer cake and started cutting yardage for a 9patch Hourglass quilt. Its cheerful, and I have many blocks done. I just haven't decided if I will make two lap quilts or another king-size quilt.

I will post pictures of progress to date. I have to make more masks using the bra-cup pattern (my term) and lining it with polypropylene. Its the best fit so far. Elastic is getting scarce, and most dont like the ties, and I dont care for them either.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Hi there Suzanne! Could you post a link to that "bra-cup" pattern ? I've tried a few mask patterns so far, but I'm always on the lookout for one that fits better.

Thanks and Happy Sunday!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      I will try and scan it. It was from a friend. The only thing is that I would reduce the width of fabric near the ear for women's size.

My neighbor asked for a few more masks yesterday, they were having trouble with the ties so I used the one package of elastic I had and finished a few I had cut out and partly sewn for them. I have also gotten the binding ready to sew on a jewel box quilt and sewing the borders for the Jordan Lake panel quilt. I also have the Cozy quilt sewquester ready to quilt but can't decide on a pattern yet so it is just sitting there adding color to my room.
    I want to start something with a layer cake I bought recently, it may be the M* Friday pattern. I have some great red to do the star points.๐Ÿ˜
    My Crohn's is giving me trouble so I may not get anything done.๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Comment

I finished 2 more of the glider seat cushions last week, but didn't get a chance to post pictures. The yucky cushion is shown on the front and back. DH had to build up and make new foam cushions, carved to fit the plane. These are the worst 2 that I have done. Only 4 more to go. Thank God, gliding is not an activity that can be done at this time. Buys me more time. Yeah. Dang, now I cant find the other pictures I downloaded.

cushion2.jpgseat1.jpg

I also started working on a 9-patch hourglass to de-stress last week. I got a bunch done on Wed-Thursday but havent touched since.

WIP-1.jpgWIP-closeUp.jpgWIP-line.jpg

Also continuing to make masks, sporadically on request. Shortage of elastic will put things to a halt. People prefer these to ties.

image.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I've taken a few days off from Ugly Christmas quilts. The yardage for my borders on the baby quilts has arrived, so I'm switching gears.

Mike lost one of his masks, so I guess I'll make him another one. I have a part of a black on black layer cake from his Tiger Lily and black quilt, to use. He likes having the filti fabric for the liners.

Katrina

โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€
        โ€• Maya Angelou

Comment

Finally learned enough to get this quilt quilted on the longarm. This one is going to my housekeeper. Story on a different thread.
          Rock Star Front n Back.jpgRock Star Front.jpg

Comment

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I like that! Very colorful & bright.

Hi. I got an order for seven masks, sewed those. Plus one for my daughter out of Harry Potter fabric. I decided since I can't see my dad due to this pandemic I'm sending him a care package with a mask and a bowl cozies from some Beatle baileys fabric I have. Also my oldest son is active Army and at AIT far away. So sending him the same as a surprise, his mask is lightning fabric. with some goodies. There's so many quilts I want to do but the man is mentioning that I have two in progress for him. So I'll get those done before starting another quilt. One is a lot of applique, don't know what I was thinking. If you look at the pic all the white lines those are to get thin zig zag in black. I might eliminate some of those. There's 12 blocks. It's based on a gift bag he got and always tease him he's the angry bear when he gets mad. I also did an illusion quilt of all his favorite things. The blocks are done just have to sew together. What are you sewing?

Comment

• Teen
            Teen commented
            Editing a comment
            So darn cute!

I'm working on the Ugly Quilt. I sewed together all the blocks this eve. & sewed rows 1 & 2, and 3 & 4, but I still have to sew the middle together. I haven't taken any pics yet.

Comment

Ok..imma jump in here if that's ok. New starts you ask..yes, I decided I would start a new cross stitch 'sampler' of my own creation, did that 2 days ago...and have totally kicked my own behind because I have a Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt all cut out, and most of the sub pieces sewn together..I thought I was more behind but when I cleaned up and found it yesterday I realized I only had one more step to go before putting it together, so that is now in my 'UFO/working on' pile. I'll work on it once a week till I finish it..and I think today may be that day!

Sage..crone of Allietare procrastination
            ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Another ufo gets finished, yea! IMG_1284.JPG
              I did some fmq on the sewquester today, it is going well. I am going to make some shams/pillowcases to match since I ordered some matching fabric [twice๐Ÿ™„]

Comment

• BeaPeg
                BeaPeg commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow it's amazing, that's one of the pattern on my to do list since many years.

• Teen
                Teen commented
                Editing a comment
                This is beautiful! I need to make a quilt using a black BG. Never made one yet so this is inspiring.

• redcaboose1717
                redcaboose1717 commented
                Editing a comment
                Claire, this is amazing! I love it!

It is called jewel box and there is a video on how to make in on Donna Jordan's you tube

Comment

I have one more box to mail of mask to a relative and I hope I am done making them. I am trying to get caught up on the Moda Block Head quilt . This time I'm not going to do the applique blocks and I don't know how to paper piece so I am leaving those out also. I have too many things started. I have a quilt that only lacks one side of the border. I put it aside to help my daughter with a quilt and make masks and have not got back to it. It has really pretty shades of green in it and I do so want to finish it. I think once I get the house cleaned I will feel more like sewing. I know its weird but when the house is all messy I don't enjoy sewing

***Claire take care of yourself! I hope you feel better soon . Your quilt is very pretty

Comment

Working...
                X