WIP - May 8-14, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - May 8-14, 2020

I can no longer access the forum from my iPad since the recent upgrade. This means I cant sit and enjoy coffee in sunroom, but rather must go into the office to use computer (which reminds me of work).

This past week, I have finished another 20+ masks to give to family & friends. I dont know about you, but I sick of making these. Just when I have filled all requests, someone else asks me for one, and I cannot refuse. I got a picture of some staff who received my head caps. They were gone in minutes and surely would take more. I have also dabbled with making ear savers. I had my test group of friends try them, and they have given them thumbs up. So these I dont mind making. I went through my button stash, and realized I didn't have as many the correct size. So I went to Dollarama and picked up bags of buttons for $1. there are at least 12-14 usable size in the package. The others I will keep for future projects. I will post picture.

I have also cleaned up my sewing/cutting area. DH has finished piecing his DaVinci Optical Illusion quilt. We both took a class 4 years ago, his sat as a UFO. He will finish as a lap quilt for his youngest son.

What have you been working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Happy Belated Birthday, Suzanne!

I am FMQ'ing on my domestic my current quilt and I chose really dense quilting for background so it is taking some time. It's the perfect project to practice different designs. Probably bit off more than I can chew but I'm enjoying the process...another good thing about this is that my husband saw me puddling this huge quilt around my machine and said.."You need a longarm". Lol... So yes, that is coming soon.

I was able to video chat with my mom today to wish her a happy Mother's Day. Lovely but I miss the hugs. She's making good use of her masks that I made her.

I kitted up my next project...a new King quilt for our bedroom. Anxious to start that soon. In the meantime, quilting this monster and planting around my newly built home is on the agenda again this week..

Happy Mother's Day. Have a productive week in your creativity!
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Anael
      Anael commented
      Editing a comment
      Really!!!! Can I borrow your husband for a while? I might get a longarm that way too LOL

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Suzanne...it will be a stand-up framed longarm... I'm tired of wrestling match every time I want to quilt. I did consider the Sweet 16, tho. Know many people who love their 16.

• Teen
      Teen commented
      Editing a comment
      Anael...hubbie available for rent.. Lol...

Hi all
    Made a block, called Irish spring surprise by Peg Spradlin, block 325 pg 170. Quilt makers 1000 block book,
    Vacuumed the fluff in bobbin area, changed needle, before starting.
    quilted / sewn with the griest zigzagger with no.2 cog. sew on the pocketed petals, sew 2 pieces of cotton together, pinked the edges before cutting a hole in back using a crochet hook turned through ironed.
    free motioned the centre circle before adding the bee and sewing on block.
    am happy block turned out so well, just trusted all would be right, there was some un -sewing, when put units together differently than intended.
    Going to add a stripped yellow binding.
    The block makes me smile😁.
    Am pondering making block super sized in the future, with a narrow border in white, some light blue and yellow pin wheels round the edge.
    have a great day 😁
    Happy Mothers day.
    T

Edit: have included where got the info, so nobody thought had copyrighted a design already out there. I always reveal my sources whether it be Jenny's block used last in unity, out of a book or anywhere else online, if this is incorrect please remove.
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; May 10th, 2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty. I love the soft colours. I should look at that book, I think I have it in library.

I spent Mother's Day making 20 masks for my sister's staff at her child care center. It seams the ones that they have been using are flannel lined, so at least, these will be cooler. I agree with you Suzanne, each time I think i'm done, someone else asks for one, but I am tired of them. Also kitted up a panel and backing for a quick charity quilt.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Editing a comment
      Karen -- I also spent mother's day making another 10 accordion style masks in <golf fabric>. A friend asked me for a few masks, and I thought I would surprise her with a golf themed one. She spends winters in Florida golfing. I also made her an ear saver, and I have made another 10. I just need to add the buttons.
      I did make one <bra shape> mask lined with polypropylene. Its not bad. I will modify pattern at jaw line, and I think these are less fiddly to make. I have to download a pattern that has 8 sizes and test some out.

HELP -- I really want to quilt...….

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Editing a comment
      You know I have decided that I will be done when I run out of elastic, or I tell myself that I have run out of elastic.

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I finished my husband's quilt this morning. He picked the colors out. He is fond of red and black so I made it red, black grey, and white. I found the pattern on Pinterest and there was no name attached. It looks like 3-D cubes. Now it is back to the Rosy Wreath quilt. I finally found fabric for the back so I will be working on that one for a while. Stay Safe!
    Nancy

Comment

Working...
    X