WIP - April 17-23, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - April 17-23, 2020

Today I quilted a Victoria quilt that I pinned yesterday. I even sewed the binding, and have finished handsewing it and the label. It's in the dryer, ready to drop off next week. The top was made by another member. This pattern is fast and easy.

image.jpgimage.jpg

So what have you been working on?

Next i think I will grab fabric on my table for a new ironing board cover. I burnt the current one 2 days after I started using a regular iron. I do miss my Olisio. I'm tired of making masks although I haven't made that many. I'm not inspired or driven just yet to make more. I have been tidying up the sewing room as I finish something.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been busy making masks. I believe I am up to forty now. I am also working on a quilt for my husband. I hope to get back to that today. I continue looking for fabric for the back of the rosy wreath quilt I made, but cannot find what I am looking for. I will keep searching.

Suzanne, I need a new ironing board cover too. I also burnt mine. I have a bad habit of that. I bought an Olisio iron in September and the steam button doesn't work. It is so very hard to push down and takes forever to come back up. It is still under warranty so I notified the company. They are going to send me a new iron and extend the warranty another six months; however, the iron won't be in stock until May. I am looking forward to getting it. I really like the iron.
    Nancy

Comment

Suzanne, I really like the fabric used on the border!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        The white border is simply white. We receive scap donations from a local bedsheet manufacturer. It's 100% cotton, high quality, very tight woven. I quilted with ruler. The binding is the same as in the main blocks.

That border was perfect!
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

That is a jolly quilt Suzanne, reminds me of fluffy bees.
        did you manage to resolve the iron cover?
        Bless you Nancy for all those masks.
        This week had some sewing difficulties see first picture, but finally week 3 is done, the amount of piecing has stopped anything else being achieved, but this is making me smile, also listening to the wireless, the station had a competition to win £54.000 and share half with someone else of the winners choice, a lady with a 6 week old won, it was wonderful to hear positive news, even with the presenters working in their homes. Apparently the channel won a bronze award, but due to covid the awards could not have an event.
        happy stitching
        T
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          Yes I made the ironing board cover, and that seems to be, unfortunately the only thing I have managed to sew. In a sewing down right now, trying to up motivation.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          Your quilt is beautiful and your cat must be a distant cousin of my PJ.

Here is my PJ. image.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          lovely, looks like saying this quilt is mine all mine lol
          mischief likes to help, often parks right in front of what doing, he thinking his next move, used to find my sewn units under sofa, along with paper he carried, he so funny, have you lost any sewing that way with yours?

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          Both these cats stay out of the sewing rooms, except when DH is sewing, then PJ comes in to annoy him, not me. The boys are more 'quilt inspector' types. If I lay out top on floor to take picture, or once quilt is on bed. My previous cats, now that was a whole other story.

I am plugging away with the Cozy quilt sewquester quilt and wondering if there will ever be episode 5. Impatient person that I am, I found another pattern with on point setting and figured out how to set these 41 blocks. I have made the sashing and added it to one side of the blocks sewing the blocks into rows. I can't sew the rows together until I figure out the setting triangles. I only have 1 yard of the preferred triangle fabric so I need to cut carefully.😮 It may be on pause again.😐
        In between I have done some fmq on my double wedding ring and so far so good. That might be my project de jour.

Edit: I found more of my precious fabric online so it is ordered and I felt OK about cutting what I have. I had enough for the side and top setting triangles so they are cut and sewn and now just need to sew half the rows together. I won't be abe to cut my corner triangles until my fabric arrives but I am just going to have to wait.😧
        Last edited by Claire Hallman; April 23, 2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X