WIP - April 10-16, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - April 10-16, 2020

Somehow it's been a busy week, but the days are blurring together. Yesterday afternoon I did make 10 masks for kids and adults. I need to make more, but I am going to change up my pattern a bit. I realize that I don't like sewing small items, but I know these are needed. I've also been tackling some upholsterery. Boy will I be glad when DH mphas finished cutting foam so I can get going and get them done.

Next on my list, I need to piece the backing for a king size quilt. I have washed fabric,but still need to press it. I will sandwich it on wide rack and quilt on Sweet 16. This will be the biggest one done on this machine. I have quite a few quilts that I want to quilt. One at a time, since we have a lot of indoor time lately.

What at are you working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Here is what I managed today and late yesterday afternoon. This is going to take a while.😁 Cutting all those hst with the strip tube ruler, wow.
    IMG_1232.JPGIMG_1233.JPG
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ladies, can i get in or the conversations? I'm not really new, just never really posted! Then life became too busy too even visit. Well, life has become a bit easier (and not in some ways) that I think I'm ready to try again. Just moved to Montana (from east coast) a few days before Christmas a semi retirement I guess. (will reveal more of my story at a later date)

Current events being what they are I'm finding more time on my hands than I had anticipated so decided to use the time to work on my 'in house' UFO pile along with a few quilts here and there. Just finished or at least did something with 3 of the UFO's that I had in a pile of 'What to do with"..it's nice seeing the pile get a bit smaller. I'm not one to get a huge UFO pile going, instead I have a pile of "I'd like to do this with that and that with this" box..along with a few finished tops that I don't care for so can't seem to figure out what to do with them'!
      Just cut and finished the preliminary sewing on the "May Day baskets" in preps for my first ever retreat at MSQCo in a few weeks, but after checking email discovered the retreat has been cancelled. I am so disappointed. It would have been my 3rd trip to MSQCo, but my first ever retreat. I was so looking forward to it. Now..I guess I'll sew the quilt here at home.

I'm a big scrapper...meaning I love making things from scraps. Sometimes, you THINK a top is going to turn out ok and then...it doesn't..you started not liking it half way through, takes all your will power to finish it (as a top at least) and once you do, you stuff it away in the dark recesses of a box hidden in the upper corners of the attic in hopes that no one will ever see it..(cause, to you, it's horrid!) I've unluckily found 3 of those..and to others, they may like it..to me..I hate them. So..my goal this year is to quilt those bad boys and either sell, give or mutilate them out of my existence at least! Ever have that??

Well, I sure do hope to be able to add this to my 'daily' to do list and visit you with ladies often. It may help keep me motivated on those UFO's.. I'll try to post some pics of the recent finishes..(they were small, but they are still finished!)
      Hope you all have a lovely week (we are dealing with a late snow storm of sorts)
      HOPPY EASTER MERRY OSTARA!

Sage the Crone
      😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the forum, and absolutely, just jump right in. Tell us what you like working on and your weekly process.

Welcome! We hope to see you here quite often!

Comment

For quite some time now, I have been wanting to create a high/low contrast quilt. Since I adore doing raw applique...i found a photo of a design (no pattern used), used my Impressions templates and went to work. Now that the quilt top is done (wall hanging size), I have to decide on the backing and the binding...... High Low Orange Peel Top 04.16.20.jpg
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Cathy F
          Cathy F commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

Very nice wallhanging.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Have attempted some more of week 3 of the unity quilt along, this is how far have got in picture 2, lol there is a method honest 😃
          1st picture shows weeks 1 and 2.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            That is good progress. I like the cheerful prints.
        Working...
        X