WIP - March 20-26, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIP - March 20-26, 2020

I have no excuses for not to be sewing every spare moment. I can only do so much laundry, cooking and cleaning, oh and talking on the phone. I can't visit mom, and my kids are self-isolating. Smart move.

So this past week I did finish a top for Victoria quilts and have another one in the works. It's a bordered 9 patch. I have also handsewn another 25 QAYG 2 1/2" hexagons. I find these addictive, but I have yet to start assembling into a quilt.

What at are you working on, while staying at home?

image.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

I am working on ufo s. I finished a baby quilt [still hand sewing binding] and have a jewel box ready to quilt. I got out a wedding ring that is partially done, the rings are but started on cutting the melons and frames yesterday. The frames sure waste a lot of fabric and some I had planned to use aren't wide enough to cut on the straight of grain. It is mostly bias so not sure if straight of grain matters.😕 I ordered some Henry Glass fabric for background and it is coming from Walmart. That was a surprise.

Edit: The fabric came and was not the correct fabric🤐 I called and was told I would get a refund and keep the incorrect fabric. It was used for the first round of masks so I figure it was a donation. I will not be ordering anything fulfilled by WM from now on.
    Last edited by Claire Hallman; March 26, 2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I would love to make a wedding ring one day. I have a template I purchased when a LQS closed a few years ago. Just need to put it on my list.

I finished sewing these 2 VQC quilts. I will pick up batting and backing next week from coordinator.

Tomorrow I plan to sandwich mom's quilt.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I am still working on pineapple blocks from some scraps/ trying tp use up some of my blue scraps, and a print sheet for background. I will run out of sheet soon, so it may turn into a wall hanging. I will have at least 42blocks. Mailed two jelly rolls and other supplies to a friend that is stuck in NY. Since they are now on lockdown, I'm not sure if UPS will get to deliver it next week. When she gets it, she will sew it into quilts for Quilts of Valor. I purchased the jelly rolls 4 years ago for that purpose, so it will finally get done.

I also loaded my brother's quilt on the longarm. Decided to use a panto so I can get it done.

Comment

I am still working on quilting my UFO tops. I have completed 4 of them. I did nothing after my DH passed away but sit and piece tops and move on to the next one. I am ashamed to tell you how many tops I have ready to go on the long arm. I am not going to start another quilt until I have these finished. I will post some pictures of the ones I am finished with later.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand just being in a slump at quilting tops. I've got quite a few now, waiting. I go through ups and downs of energy, sometimes, I whip out tops like crazy and then they sit not quilted. I sometimes wish we would buy a long arm, but I am thankful I have a sit down long arm I can finish my tops, and a LQS that rents LA when I want to do it there. Your mojo will come back and you will get these done in time. All in good time.

I am still working on the "Rosy Wreath" quilt. I have the top completed and now need to get the batting and fabric for the back. That may be a while since my husband and I have decided to stay home for a while. I am not sure why they named this pattern "Rosy Wreath" because the pattern does not look like roses to me. I do see the ribbon at the top of the wreath, but that is about it.
          Nancy

Comment

Since Christmas, I have been on a bit of a blitz to finish multiple quilt tops so that I would have them ready to go by the time my daughter and I scheduled a long arm course that we planned to take at a local shop, following which we would be able to use the long arm machines to do the quilting. That is going to have to wait a while now, so I am going to go ahead and quilt a couple of them myself instead of saving them for the long arm machine. Oh well, I can always make more, right? Right?

But I was sooo looking forward to learning and using the long arm machine. *sigh*

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a great plan. Welcome Jazzmyn to the forum. I also have a bunch of tops waiting to rent the long arm.
          Working...
          X