Sewing question - PLease help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing question - PLease help

I am using one color on top and another color on the bottom. The top color is real bright. When I sew I can see some of the top color being brought through to the bottom. WHat am I doing wrong?

Desperately seeking an answer.

Thanks

Re: Sewing question - PLease help

Hi Sunshine! It should be a very simple fix.
    Try increasing your top thread tension. I have to do the same thing on my machine.
    Try just doing it a couple of numbers and test on some scrap fabric, keep doing this till you can't see the
    top thread on the bottom anymore. I also recommend writing this # down for future reference.
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
      Hi Sunshine! It should be a very simple fix.
      Try increasing your top thread tension. I have to do the same thing on my machine.
      Try just doing it a couple of numbers and test on some scrap fabric, keep doing this till you can't see the
      top thread on the bottom anymore. I also recommend writing this # down for future reference.
      Lola
      THought I would also say, I am doing a close zifzag stitch(applique). Could that be the culprit too?

Comment

it's probably a mixture of the tension and the stitch you are using. I know that when we do satin stitch embroidery you usually get a lot of color blend on the back side...but with embroidery you don't care cause you are either backing it or it's on the inside of whatever you are making. You can try to set your tension little slivers at a time to see how much you have to back off like Lola said...see if that helps the situation any...good luck!!
        Michele

Comment

Thanks everyone for helping.

Comment

Working...
          X