Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in starting a block swap internationally????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in starting a block swap internationally????

Hey guys in anyone interested in starting a international block swap for 2011??? Let me know is you think is liable or too crazy.
    Maggie
    Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Re: Anyone interested in starting a block swap internationally????

Good Morning Magx
    I think that right after the holidays the ladies are thinking of doing another swap.
    You may find someone who would do a personal one on one with you?
    Good to see you this morning.
    Blessings
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

The last two block exchanges have been international and even more so this last one. USA, Canada, England and Austrailia. I love the idea of getting blocks from around the world...SO cool!
      sigpic
      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Australia...my fingers type dfferently than my brain....
        sigpic
        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

I will be very happy to host a new swap beginning in January - thinking a Grandmothers Fan will be nice (thank you to Janluna for the idea)...... watch for the sign up to begin soon........ YAY!
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

YAY!!!! Not till after the holidays please. I'm excited!
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi Girls, I’m excited too, it will be my first block swap. I think it’s very wise to do it after the Xmas holidays. I don’t know how it’s the procedures but I’m happy to learn .... if someone teaches me....
              pdjewelrylady sound a very experience swapper, so I trust your judgement.
              Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                - thinking a Grandmothers Fan will be nice
                Only if I can use my dresdan plate ruler...if I have to cut these with a template and nice rounded tops and all I may go insane. That goes for handstitching the things down...not going to happen so can we have some design parameters before we sign up please.
                Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

absolutely agree Lynn, have the pattern already in mind ..... using dresden ruler and no hand stitching required!!
                  Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                  hugs, Suzi
                  http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                  it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Include me also please in this swap
                    One Moment at a time

Comment

I would love to get more information on how this works. Will someone send us "newbies" the directions on how the swap works? Thanks...

Comment

You listen to the swap coordinator which so far has been Suzi. She picks a pattern, then you sign up to do it. You have a time frame in which to work. Depending on how many people sign up you are told how many blocks to make. You make your blocks, send them to Suzi with postage for her to send new blocks back to you. That's the short version. I'm sure Suzi will tell you more. good luck. Jan

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                          I will be very happy to host a new swap beginning in January - thinking a Grandmothers Fan will be nice (thank you to Janluna for the idea)...... watch for the sign up to begin soon........ YAY!
                          Hi Suzy, hoe difficult is the grandmother fan? I have never tried to do 1, I’m just in my 4rth month of quilting so, my experience is microscopic. Never the less, I love the challenge.... by the way, what is a Dresden??? Sorry for my ignorance, I’m trying to build up my quilting dictionary. NOT EASY.
                          Love, Magx
                          Maggie

Comment

I would love to join in a swap. Never done one before and im getting a new sewing machine for christmas so it would be the perfect way to try it out xx

Comment

Originally posted by magx View Post
                              Hi Suzy, hoe difficult is the grandmother fan? I have never tried to do 1, I’m just in my 4rth month of quilting so, my experience is microscopic. Never the less, I love the challenge.... by the way, what is a Dresden??? Sorry for my ignorance, I’m trying to build up my quilting dictionary. NOT EASY.
                              Love, Magx
                              There is a pattern called Dresden Plate. There are pictures on it here and also a tutorial that Jenny did. There is a ruler called the easy Dresden ruler that helps make this pattern easy to do. It is applique. The Grandmothers Fan is a "portion of a Dresden plate. Its a half circle with blades fanning out. It is a pretty pattern. The directions will be there I'm sure for all to see. Just watch the Dresden tutorial. You will get the idea. Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X