X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Star Block Swap 2010

You asked for it - you got it!!

I set up a new group for the Christmas Star Block Swap
    We will be making the jelly roll star block (featured in the msqc tutorials). SUPER QUICK and SUPER EASY following Jenny's awesome instructions!!!!

Everyone will make twice the equal number of blocks to swappers signed up by Oct 15th (10 swappers = 20 blocks ....)

Half of your blocks will be with the star a WHITE FOCUS - - Background will be CHRISTMAS NOVELTY PRINT
    Other half of blocks will be the reverse - Christmas novelty print star with White focus background

mailing date will be Nov 1 which gives lots of time to start now and make a couple blocks at a time. Use your stash! .......... and get new for this years other projects

I hope we have lots of players and make some really pretty scrappy Christmas Star Quilts!!

hugs, Suzi
    Attached Files
    Yes (move join date to Sept 15 / mail date Nov 1st)
    87.50%
    No (keep join date of Oct 15 / mail date Nov 1st)
    12.50%
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; August 28, 2010, 08:19 PM.
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Re: Christmas Star Block Swap 2010

Are we sticking to the red/green colour scheme for our blocks or does anything go?
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hi lynn,
      anything Christmas Novelty goes as long as you use WHITE FOCUS for the star on your first block and for the background on the second (reversed) block. ....... i have some really cute blue and even a purple i will be using.

hugs, Suzi
      hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Oh my goodness - these are SO EASY!! While listening to race on mrn radio this afternoon I now have 35 sets (70 blocks!!!) made up and ready to go...!!! whooooooHoooooooo and hahahahahahahahahahha!!!
        hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
          Oh my goodness - these are SO EASY!! While listening to race on mrn radio this afternoon I now have 35 sets (70 blocks!!!) made up and ready to go...!!! whooooooHoooooooo and hahahahahahahahahahha!!!
          Good grief woman! Is your sewing machine smoking?!
          Shelia

Comment

If I could borrow some from you I could join the block swap. Say, about 20?!!??? I know, I got to do them myself....Can't blame a girl for trying.
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I'm going to do a stash buster for this one! So, mine will be a variety, but will follow the standards set.
              Thanks!!

Comment

GREAT hillbilly! Mine are stachbusters too Love that

hugs, Suzi
                hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Suzi, thanks so much for all you are doing for these swaps! I had several questions and your sample blocks you posted pretty much answered every question I had.
                  I am trying to get up the courage to join in this swap, even have fabrics picked out of my stash.
                  But, I am going to stitch out a sample block and see how I do with it before signing up. Oh, and watch Jenny's video a few MORE times. LOL LOL
                  I have never done a swap before, but it seems like it would be sooooo much fun. I just finished reading ALL of the posts on the swap you all just finished and all I can say is WOW oh WOW.
                  Lola
                  :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Ladies, we are so blessed! DRAGONFLY has spent many hours creating a .pdf written instructions complete with step by step pictures!!! YAY!!! The file is to large to attach here in the forum but she or I will be happy to email to you. send request to my attention at [email protected]

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you Ms Dragonfly!!!!
                    hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                      Suzi, thanks so much for all you are doing for these swaps! I had several questions and your sample blocks you posted pretty much answered every question I had.
                      I am trying to get up the courage to join in this swap, even have fabrics picked out of my stash.
                      But, I am going to stitch out a sample block and see how I do with it before signing up. Oh, and watch Jenny's video a few MORE times. LOL LOL
                      I have never done a swap before, but it seems like it would be sooooo much fun. I just finished reading ALL of the posts on the swap you all just finished and all I can say is WOW oh WOW.
                      Lola
                      C'mon Lola you can do it!! That was my first time to do a block swap and it was so fun. There were times I wanted to back out. But hey like we found out in that swap there are no quilt police! OOH look Dragonfly did written instructions! Ya know you want to join the ladies!
                      Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                        If I could borrow some from you I could join the block swap. Say, about 20?!!??? I know, I got to do them myself....Can't blame a girl for trying.
                        You're doing the swap right! Don't make me do the face.
                        Shelia

Comment

Come on Lola..If I can you can. The last swap was my first exchange and my second set of blocks ever!
                          sigpic
                          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Thanks Dragonfly!! I just read the instructions and they are very easy to follow.

I've watched the tutorial several times, but I'm still at the stage where I like to have written instructions. Besides I'm sure Jenny is getting tired of showing me what to do (luv ya Jenny)!
                            Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by Texsam View Post
                              Thanks Dragonfly!! I just read the instructions and they are very easy to follow.

I've watched the tutorial several times, but I'm still at the stage where I like to have written instructions. Besides I'm sure Jenny is getting tired of showing me what to do (luv ya Jenny)!
                              You are most welcome, I prefer written instructions as well, I like to have them next to me in the sewing room not floating around in cyberspace as a video clip.

I'm sorry the file is so large but it has lots of photos, I compressed them to the point of almost messing the quality up, I hope the download is worth it for you ladies.
                              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                              X