No announcement yet.

Quilt from a wedding dress....ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quilt from a wedding dress....ideas?

I have mine, and intend to make it into a Christening gown someday. For my grandchildren to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Quilterella View Post
      Christening gown!!! When my daughter got married, she chose her own gown, not mine. I had a seamstress take my wedding dress apart (Victorian style dress) and make 2 Christening gowns with bonnets and 2 Ringbearer pillows. I had one Christening gown very frilly with the beading and then added pink ribbon. The other Christening gown was more subdued with 2 vertical rows of lace down the front and alittle beading and finally added the blue ribbon. My daughter has used both Christening gowns, and now has an heirloom to pass down. The ring bearer pillows remain in my cedar trunk, waiting patiently for the next wedding. I still have 3 shoe boxes on the top shelf of my closet, they have scraps of lace, satin and crenoline along with some of the beads, waiting for the day I tackle a crazy quilt.
      Very good use of the gown!! Indeed.

Comment

My DIL had her gown turned into keepsake pillows for her and her 2 daughters. The woman that made it into pillows did a beautiful job incorporating the lace and fabric in a lovely design.

Comment

When I make a wedding gown I buy enough fabric to make a christening/baptism gown as well. I see that others use their gowns for that as well. I really have no other ideas but agree it is a waste to just have a wedding gown hanging around for nothing.
          Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X