Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tumbler Quilt Borders

Originally posted by Denis View Post
    Judy, you beat me to the punch; this is basically what I was going to suggest.
    Yeah, that thing with "Great Minds think alike" must be working overtime today. LOL
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

Guess I need to make a tumbler quilt to understand this thread lol Have plenty of boy fabrics so maybe it's time!!!

Comment

OK, do you want the edge(where the binding will attach)to be straight but the zigzags to look as they are going into it?
        If so I would cut enough tumblers from your border fabric so you can begin and end each row with one. trim the outside edges and attach the top and bottom borders. The sides will not be a one piece border but should look like it.
        Not sure if this method is really worth attemting since the top is already finished but you could try it for the next one.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I found a tutorial on uTube called Finishing Quilt Edges Marci Baker of Alicia's Attic that you may want to try...I think I will use it to finish my tumbler quilt...I hope this helps
          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I'm fairly new to quilting and still learning but what about using your tumbler template and cutting your border into tumblers like the quilt and then straight edge the border before binding

Comment

How about cutting an extra wide straight border then appliqueing the quilt zig zag edge on top.

Comment

claire,
                that's exactly how i want it to look, i've been wondering if an applique method is the answer; i suppose turning under all those zig/zag edges, pressing them, and possibly even using a blanket stitch - - - is that kind of what you're thinking?
                oh i'm so glad someone gets the picture in my head!!!ha!

Comment

Working...
                X