Printed Treasures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed Treasures...

I'm attempting to add photos to my quilt and was wondering if anyone has ever used Printed Treasures fabric sheets? What's your best advice for using these sheets?

Thanks!!!

Re: Printed Treasures...

Originally posted by cathys311 View Post
    I'm attempting to add photos to my quilt and was wondering if anyone has ever used Printed Treasures fabric sheets? What's your best advice for using these sheets?

Thanks!!!
    I have not used the Printed Treasures brand of fabric sheets (I've used EQ Printables and a couple of others), but I have done fabric printing several times for various projects. I've learned a couple of things that might help...

Follow the directions for the particular brand that you are using to the letter. I did this the first time that I used the sheets, but the second time, I thought that I could make some short cuts to speed up the process. Bad idea.

Be sure to set your printer to "best quality" for the printing. My printer defaults to an economy setting to save ink. I have to reset it for fabric printing for each sheet.

Very dark photos and graphics just seemed a bit blurry to me, no matter how careful I was. Brighter, lighter pics worked really well, every time.

Hope that helps a bit!

Comment

Thanks CookieC!! I wondered about darker photos. I believe it says that I'm supposed to soak it in cold water after I print and it dries. I am hoping this doesn't cause problems with the rest of the quilt because I don't prewash my fabric (anymore, long story lol). I am pretty sure I don't have a fabric setting on my printer. It's a little older. I am planning on just putting the pictures in my scanner and printing them that way because I can't seem to use the programs I have and get a 1/4" seam allowance. Hope it works!

Thanks again!

Comment

I've never done fabric printing. I'm excited to see how yours turns out! Good luck!
        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I followed the instructions to the letter just like CookieC said and the pictures turned out great on the fabric! Printing went well. Only problem I had was when I took the paper off the back. I was doing it slowly and from all different angles and some of the paper stuck to the back of the fabric. It's not terrible though. Now if I can just get the pictures to look good on the quilt top, it'll be beautiful lol! I will post a picture when I get it all done. It could be a couple more weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by cathys311 View Post
            I followed the instructions to the letter just like CookieC said and the pictures turned out great on the fabric! Printing went well. Only problem I had was when I took the paper off the back. I was doing it slowly and from all different angles and some of the paper stuck to the back of the fabric. It's not terrible though. Now if I can just get the pictures to look good on the quilt top, it'll be beautiful lol! I will post a picture when I get it all done. It could be a couple more weeks...
            I'm glad it worked for you! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Comment

This is something I would love to try. Can't wait to see your pics!

Comment

Working...
              X