Let's talk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's talk thread

I use neutral colors for piecing - white, cream, light and medium grey and tan. I keep a spool of black on hand for piecing navy and black. My favorite thread right now is Aurifil 50 weight. My Janome 12000 loves this thread and it creates very little lint. The Egyptian cotton thread from Connecting Threads is also good and comes in every color you can imagine. It's also affordable....the Aurifil is quite expensive unless you catch it on sale.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use Connecting Threads for piecing, usually in an ecru or cream, for quilting I use Isacord 40 wt. and I match color to the top and back. I have recently tried Madiera Aeroquilt ..my machines like it and I love the variegated colors, the only drawback... it's very linty.
      sigpic

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

Comment

I have been using an off-white aurifil ... Machine likes it - not much lint either.

Comment

I am an Aurifil fan too. I use white, cream, grey and black. I buy it in the larger cones, which helps in long term price. Yep, it hurts to fork over the $$$ but it lasts a very long time.

I also use Connecting Threads thread but it is really linty.

Comment

black or white usually for piecing

I'd love to try variegated for quilting sometime too. Lots of pretty options!
            sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

I really like Isacord for FMQ and even piecing. Sometimes I will use Superior Bottom Line in bobbin. My machine is fairly picky. Does not really care for Gutterman and I find Connecting Threads linty. Machine HATES C&C...which is the only thread I can get locally. There are some Superior threads in cotton I can use to piece with...usually matching or in white/gray/beige family. Aurifil and Precensia is also good for piecing. I do like variegated thread for quilting, depending on look I am going for.
              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

For piecing, I use a cream color from coats and clarks. Spool and bobbin are the same thread. When it's on sale, I stock up on it!
                So many of you have mentioned Aurifil that I'll have to keep an eye out for it next time I'm shopping.

Comment

Working...
                X