• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Great link...

• Teen
    replied
    I am finishing up a roll of Warm & White and will need to select a new batting product. This was good timing and good information. I've been wanting to try Quilter's Dream Wool so I may buy a bundle and try it on one quilt to test it. I'd like more loft..

Leave a comment:

• Peggi
    replied
    Nancy, wool batting is not heavier, and one of its advantages is that it breathes, so it's ideal for both summer and winter. I love QD wool.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    I use 100% cotton. I've used pellon and warm and natural. For baby quilts I have doubled for loft. I used 80/20 in one quilt but honestly I can't stand the feeling of poly batting on my hands. I haven't tried wool due to the price. I usually buy a roll of cotton.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied
    Several years ago, I came across an online PDF detailing the research Debbi Trevino did on different types of batting. She looked at the loft, the warmth, the durability, the shrinkage, and more. It disappeared for awhile, but re-appeared when Debbi started a new website. She now has a few updates available. I highly recommend downloading her PDFs, available here:
    https://www.alderavenuequilting.com/...-batting-chart

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied
    Quilters Dream Deluxe is my absolute favourite. also like the Quilters Dream Puff for lovely loft for baby quilts - it’s very light weight too. I think Quilters Dream is worth the extra cost.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Nope it will melt if you iron it. Just go ahead and sandwich and quilt it, then wash the completed quilt. The fold line you are concerned about should be gone. I am a hq but have never made a single quilt where I could see fold lines once I was done even though they were noticeable when I basted.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    commented on 's reply
    I'd worry about melting it with the iron. Try unfolding the batting, misting it lightly with water, then throw it in the dryer (use low heat) to fluff it up. If you smooth it out carefully when you sandwich it between the top and the backing, it should be OK.

• ruthoppenheim
    replied
    I was recommended a polyester batting for hand quilting. I bought it by the yard. When it arrived by post it had a fold line in the middle. Can I iron it out?

Leave a comment:

• nancy doudney
    replied
    Re: Need batting information please.

Is the wool batting heavy and quite a bit warmer once quilt it done?
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• nancy doudney
    replied

I've emailed Quilters Dream and they are sending me a sample book.
    Thanks so much for that info.
    Nancy

Leave a comment:

• nancy doudney
    replied

I've emailed Quilters Dream and they are sending me a sample book.
    Thanks so much for that info.
    Nancy

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

How often will the quilt be washed? It's my understanding that wool batting shrinks more than 80/20. You might want to research that.

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

Try wool batting. It has higher loft and does not crease.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

My batting of choice is Hobbs 80/20. I use it for everything. Quilters Dream 70/30 is great, too, but I'm not willing to the pay the extra cost for it. One of my friends is a LA quilter. She orders Hobbs 80/20 rolls once a year for herself & many of her friends. It gets freighted to her house, then we all pick up our roll. I get the 90" wide roll. I think it's 30 yds. With the shipping divided up among several buyers, a roll is very reasonable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X