• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vonnie
    replied
    Re: fmq on Frolic

Beautiful!

Swirls look great. Have you thought about using straight lines for the border? Using the fabric design and stitch it. Kind of a modern looking keyboard design.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

Here it is partly quilted. As you might be able to see I didn't do the hst borders just used some of the fabric to finish it off. I felt like it was busy enough without adding the hst around. I also made it a bit smaller than her design. It is a good throw size, about 5'x7".
    I hope to do the borders today.IMG_1159.JPGIMG_1160.JPG
    I love the way the quilting looks on the flannel backing but it makes it heavier to push around to quilt.
    As normal for my pictures, click twice and it will turn upright.
    Last edited by Claire Hallman; February 11th, 2020, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied

like this as an all over pattern
    then again a wavy lines would be great too, have fun

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

I just got my top pieced and in looking at it I want to showcase the piecing not any quilting. An all over edge to edge is probably what I will go with on mine. Can't wait to see yours finished!

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Claire, I think your allover swirl design would be fine. The quilt has so much going on in the pattern design as it is, I would not try to compete with it. In my opinion, you could continue the swirl design in the border, or do stitch in the ditch around the triangles in the border or the arcs (reverse Cs) around the interior of the border triangles. I know there is another term for that, but my mind is blank.

Anika, if you want an idea of what the quilt looks like you can see it here. https://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/frolic-mystery.html

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

I haven't made a picture yet but I will when I finish.
    I went and stared at it for a while and started doing swirls which is looking ok. I did the back in flannel and it is heavy to move around. I have done maybe half to 3/4 of the center but nothing on the borders yet.

Leave a comment:

• Swedish leo
    replied

You got a picture ?

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    started a topic fmq on Frolic

fmq on Frolic

I have my quilt made and sandwiched and now I am in freeze mode. I don't know what to do about quilting it. Has anyone got any bright ideas? I would love suggestions. MY fmq is somewhat limited but I am willing to try most anything.
Working...
X