2.5" strops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5" strops

I bought a jelly roll that I thought had a lot of blue and yellow in it. I was going to make North Star until I realized there was too many light color strips and I wouldn't have high enough contrast. So what quilt pattern can I make with mostly light color strips? I can't use a white background, and most backgrounds are light. The roll is called Maison De Fleurs, if you wanted to see it.
    I need to be more attentive to what I'm ordering.
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: 2.5" strops

I had that problem with a layer cake and just found and bought some of the darker fabrics that are part of that collection to get the contrast I needed. Had to cut my own 10" pieces but that was not hard at all. Not familiar with your pattern but you may need only one or two of the darker fabrics to fill in for what you need. You can use the extra lights strips as your binding or borders.
    Murphy

Comment

I was going to suggest what Murphy did above. I checked out the photo of the fabric swatches and looked to me like there were only two samples that were mainly light. I'd have been surprised too. Even if you were unattentive (and I don't think you were) I can't see where someone would have anticipated that.
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels.
      When someone
      break's our wings
      we will continue to
      fly...usually on a
      broomstick.
      We're flexible like that.
      - embroitique

Comment

I love that fabric line.

What about using a cobalt blue or a navy for your background instead of white? I'd take the strips to LQS and audition different colors for the background.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I have been leaning toward lots of things other than white as a background. One of the favorite quilts I have made has a ferny green background.

Comment

That could still work with the north star pattern if your background strips, the 1 1/2 inch strips, are dark. They alternate with the patterned strips, so would set off the lighter strips quite nicely.
            Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
            🙄

Comment

To my eye, it needs a solid or something that reads solid.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                I love that fabric line.

What about using a cobalt blue or a navy for your background instead of white? I'd take the strips to LQS and audition different colors for the background.
                I agree, I think a dark blue would be great.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...urs-10-squares
                Vonnie

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. They're all good ones. I just need to decide, now, which way to go.
                  :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

Working...
                  X