Rag quilt shears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rag quilt shears

This may be crazy... but has anyone ever tried multi shear scissors for ragging?? I'm just wondering if that would help it go a little faster. I love how quickly the rag quilt comes together, but I have arthritis and the clipping is a little to much for me even with the spring loaded shears.

Re: Rag quilt shears

You've peaked my interest. I've never heard of multi shear scissors.

Comment

herb-scissors-web-03.jpg

Are you talking about these? These are for cutting herbs I believe. I'm not sure how well they'd work on fabric since the blades lack some rigidity, and it might feel as if they are "dull." This would probably be more work in the end.

A couple months back there was a pair of these on the "free table." I spotted them from across the table but there was a swarm of women fondling them. A few set them down after looking so I thought I might have a chance. Not to be. Some lady had them in her bag before I even got to see them. My thought was that they might just work for "ragging." Apparently they didn't because they were back on the table the next month. After I got to inspect them a bit I could see that at least this pair was not going to cut any fabric.

What is it about the ladies at the free table? Sometimes you are risking your life just getting near stuff that others are giving away. Maybe it's gold? LOL If someone yelled FIRE they wouldn't even hear it. We have 150-200 folks at our meetings so you can imagine the crowd around the free table.
      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I purchased these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I think they were less expensive back then. Anyway, these scissors made the Cal King rag quilt that I was making much easier.

Jeannette

Comment

Hmm I never heard of multi shears either. Do they have another name?

Comment

They are called multi blade. They have some on Amazon for paper and got a thumbs down when someone asked about fabric. O well.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Multi Shears might be great if they were spring-loaded. Otherwise, your hand would really start to hurt after awhile.
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

Thanks for the information Just looking for an easier work around...

Comment

Now that picture of the sheers is interesting. I have seen the ones for herbs. Now I have a pair for shredding paper and credit cards, so these would be sturdier. I will have to check out if they cut fabric. It might not be for awhile as I do have the scissors for rag quilts and decided I'm probably never going to make one of those.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Hi Rachel
                    welcome to the forum
                    how about something like this for cutting,
                    pink linked to, but other colours

have not used, so cannot confirm if a great item, but thought would pop it in as a suggestion.
                    looking forward to seeing you round the forum
                    T

Comment

Originally posted by 201 Treadler View Post
                      Hi Rachel
                      welcome to the forum
                      how about something like this for cutting,
                      pink linked to, but other colours

have not used, so cannot confirm if a great item, but thought would pop it in as a suggestion.
                      looking forward to seeing you round the forum
                      T
                      I had a pair something like that before (wondering where they went) those have a good rating and not to expensive. Might be worth a try!
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                      X