HST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST

How can I cut squares 2-3/8? There is no 1/8 measure on my quilting rulers. Can I cut 2-1/2 and cut them down? Where do I find an 8th?

Re: HST

8ths.jpg
    If you rulers don't have eighths, perhaps this will help. If your rulers have 4ths, then it would be right between the third and fourth.
    Here's the site for a full explanation: https://www.wikihow.com/Read-a-Ruler
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I have this ruler from M* and it has markings for 1/8'' . They aren't marked with numbers, but the lines are there. I use it for everything.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...r-5-x-15-ruler
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes, you can use 2 1/2. Check for size after you sew, before you trim.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Sometimes I fudge and cut things bigger and then cut them down to size.

Comment

It would still be a good investment to get a ruler with that measurement somewhere in your arsenal.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

For me it's a lot easier to make them a little larger, then I'm assured in having the right size.
              When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thank you for all your helpful responses. Cutting larger and trimming seems to be the most sensible answer, although getting a ruler w/an 8th on it sounds good, too.

Comment

Working...
                X