flying geese ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying geese ruler

i am thinking of buying the quilt in a day flying geese ruler. i usually just make half square triangles, but this ruler makes it seem so easy i may buy it. anyone else use this ruler?

Re: flying geese ruler

I've used it. Its a pain. The trimming templates slip and slide. I recently purchased the Creative Grids Ultimate Flying Geese ruler. It uses the four geese at a time method. I get much more accurate results and the trimming template does not slide around.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

At the end of last year, I tested some new flying geese rulers for Julie Luoma from Angle Play. Right now, they come in three different sizes and I really liked them a lot!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have them and love them. They make flying geese much easier for me

Comment

I've used them without issues. Easy how-to directions included in the ruler package. Perhaps a couple of sticky dots on the back if needed will prevent slipping.

Comment

I see there is a Bloc loc Flying geese ruler out there too. I wonder if anyone has this one and how they like it. I love the Bloc loc for HST's.
            I am Sew Blessed!
            Alina

Comment

I LOVE Deb Tucker’s Wing Clipper ruler. There is very little waste, one ruler makes many different sizes, there’s a video on her website on how to use it, and the written instructions that come with it are very clear. All of her rulers are amazing!

Comment

LOVE Deb Tucker’s wing clipper too. I’ve used it a lot.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

When I needed to make a ton of flying geese for a mystery quilt, I used the no-waste method and made them a little big, then used the bloc-loc flying geese ruler to clean them up. It is not cheap, but my flying geese were spot on and with minimal stress. Then I used it again when I made a quilt for my daughter, so I have considered that ruler worth every penny.

Comment

Another 'thumbs-up' from me for the Bloc-Loc flying geese ruler! A game changer for me -plus, it does double duty for doing square in a square blocks. Win-Win.

Comment

Hello from New Zealand I bought the Bloc-Loc flying geese ruler late last year and found it a dream to work with... so pleased with my purchase.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, shonig! I have fond memories of visiting Rotorua; twice, in fact.

Comment

I have used the QIAD ruler with success. There are so many options out there. I have also made Flying Geese the Bonnie Hunter way and used the QIAD ruler to make sure they are square.
                          Donna

Comment

Working...
                          X