Clear All

I need help

I have searched the internet
    until I'm blue in the face. Can someone please
    help me with how many 2.5" squares are in a queen size quilt
    Thanks
    Cathy

Re: I need help

Assuming a standard queen is 90"x 95" That should be approximately 3,420 2.50" squares
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Are you planning to just sew a bunch of 2.5" squares together? A 2.5" square will finish at 2" (after two 1/4" seams). A queen mattress size is 60" x 80". If you do a coverlet with a 16" drop, it would be 92" x 96". So, a queen coverlet with 2.5" squares would be 46 squares across and 48 down. 2,208 squares total. I think this might be known as a postage stamp quilt but I'm not sure.
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

Since opinions vary on what the measurements of a queen size is....Quick math formula for you...

Decide how wide you want it and how long first (without borders)...

Multiply width x length, then divide by 4 = number of 2.5 squares needed.

Comment

Welcome to the Missouri Star Forum, Cathy! We hope to see lots of your posts!
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
            Assuming a standard queen is 90"x 95" That should be approximately 3,420 2.50" squares
            Should be, but it's not. The real number is 2160 assuming the 90x95 measurement.
            You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

My math son just left and he would have loved to puzzle this out for us, but I don't have his ability in math. Hope you got an answer for your question. Just know that it will be lots and lots of squares with matching seams. Not one I'd do, but good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
              X