X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzyQue
    replied
    Re: How Would You Quilt This Top?

Sorry, I am going against the grain. This quilt screams custom quilting to me. It is a gorgeous quilt that will only be improved by custom stitches. Yes, it would not be cheap, but I think it would be so worth it!

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I don't know but just wanted to pop in and say what a wonderful quilt that is. You did a terrific job on it and I can't wait to see how the quilting turns out.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

Angela Walters' would do wonders with her custom FMQ on such a beautiful quilt like yours. But believe, custom quilting takes a lot of time. If you hire someone to do it, it will be expensive. An all over FMQ pattern certainly would work. Something simple, so as not to distract from all the lovely piecing. Do you live in Colorado? Post pics again when it's finished. It will be interesting to see what you do with it.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

WOW! That is an awesome quilt! I still do stitch in ditch mostly but this would look great with an meander type quilting. JMHO.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Jess.senseofadventure
    replied

Thank you! I will have someone do it for me if I don't do an all over design, although I could do wavy lines myself. I just want to pick something that will look nice and not take away from the quilt pattern. I don't have the experience to know what that would be.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

That is a great quilt. An all over design would certainly work. If you have mainly done stitch in the ditch I would not start with custom quilting on a quilt this big. Start custom quilting on a smaller piece and build up to a large quilt. If it was me I would take the easy way out. Long wiggly lines down the long axis with a variegated blue thread. It will look like rain. You can even do it with your walking foot even you want.

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied

You know, they are close together so an over all stitch design would work well. that is a great quilt. Lots of visual interest already!

Leave a comment:

• Jess.senseofadventure
    started a topic How Would You Quilt This Top?

How Would You Quilt This Top?

Hi! This is the first quilt top I have finished that is larger than baby size. It is a twin size. Do you think it would look best with an all over quilting design? Or do more of a custom quilting around each animal or something? The strips between the blocks are 1 inch wide. I've mainly just done stitch in the ditch on quilts so far.

20190527_105733 - Copy (2) (645x800).jpg
Working...
X