Quilt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt question

I was given a co-workers fabric...I know lucky me!! She's not quilting anymore. She gave a layer cake today that I'm in love with. I came home dreaming of making a quilt! It's Christmas in a silver and blue color way. I found a free pattern I want to make, the only issue I have is it calls for 10.5inch squares. It has smaller squares that all fit together. If I reduce all measurements in the pattern by 1/2 inch won't it work? The pattern is called pear tree greeting...Thanks in advance.

Re: Quilt question

Try a test block with scraps but I think it should work.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

At first I thought sure you can do that. Everyone says cut down to your smallest size. But I found your pattern and that is A Lot of pieces! Your just working with a layer cake? I'm not sure about that plan. I hope more experienced quilters will pop in for you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/57...dad912bdde.jpg
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I couldn't find the actual pattern on the Hoffman site. Can you post a link to the directions. That might help

Comment

My answer is put this on the back burner until after Christmas or you will be driving yourself crazy. Unless you live alone, don't need to buy/send gifts or cards, or do any baking!

Comment

Hulamoon did post the link. I should add I'm only using the layer cake for the ornaments. I have fabric for the background! I have nothing going on this Christmas, I have the time. My kids are grown, except my youngest and she turns 17 this month and is going thru her I hate mom year. My boys never had that year but my 2 girls both love to hate me at this age.

Comment

In that case I say go for it! : ) It's going to be pretty in those colors.

That 'hates mom year' happens more than once
              "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing with your project... I checked out the pattern and think your color choices will be terrific.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                  Hulamoon did post the link. I should add I'm only using the layer cake for the ornaments. I have fabric for the background! I have nothing going on this Christmas, I have the time. My kids are grown, except my youngest and she turns 17 this month and is going thru her I hate mom year. My boys never had that year but my 2 girls both love to hate me at this age.
                  I couldn't see the actual directions on Hulamoons link. Just a pick of quilt and the fabric. If you go to the Huffmann site, they don't even list that pattern. I just wanted to read the directions so I could maybe help

Comment

I'm not sure where everyone saw the pattern. I couldn't find it on the hoffmann site. Hula moon's link only went to a pic of quilt and fabric

Comment

Working...
                    X