Please help me decide thread color for quilting...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me decide thread color for quilting...help

Could someone please suggest what color(s) thread to use in quilting this? I plan to use a walking foot to make vertical lines that follow the shape of each color and have absolutely no idea how to begin selecting the correct color. There's always the option of using a different thread for each color on the wheel, but that wouldn't be my first choice. Thank you in advance for helping me.

MaryClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	1683253

Re: Please help me decide thread color for quilting...help

That's very cool. I would use dark purple or black. White would show up on all the colors you have but wouldn't be as dramatic.

Comment

My first instinct is to go with a golden shade of yellow. If you really want to pop the quilting use a golden shade of yellow on your warm colors (yellow through red) and a blue thread on your cool colors (green through purple)
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Now if it were Angela Walters, she'd use a matching color of thread on each section. It definitely would be more work to do it that way.

Comment

How about battleship gray. This is my multicoloured quilt. LAQ suggested gray. I love it as it blends with all colours .
          Preview threads on your quilt. It will reveal itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	1617643

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I would say it depends if you want your thread to 'pop'. If you want to see the thread color, my initial thought was yellow. If you don't really want it to pop, then perhaps a light grey.

Comment

Variegated.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. They really made me think about possible answers, and I appreciate your help.
                Mary

Comment

Working...
                X