X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nativetexan
    replied
    Re: Hunter star

I think they are right. half stars are not bad.

Leave a comment:

• connieswanteck
    replied

That helps a lot. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• sydneybean
    replied

I think there is always going to be a half star along the edge. Unless you piece a half of one into the border

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

From doing a Hunter's star quilt,, I believe you will have a 1/2 star problem. Here is a pic of the one I did. Maybe it will help get the answer you are seeking.

hunter's star.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I didn't think that was possible, but found this. Is yours looking like it?

http://barb-sewinspired.blogspot.com...ters-star.html

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Hi!

Denise is right, if you could post a picture it would help us 'see' what you're saying.

I have had quilts that had 1/2 stars where the borders were to be added. If it bothered me enough, I would add the missing parts of the stars and background to finish out the stars. Of course, it all depended on how much fabric I had left over, too.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Could you please post a picture. The truth is it really depends on each quilt individually, so a picture will get you the best input.

And hi and welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• connieswanteck
    started a topic Hunter star

Hunter star

I’ve started and almost finished the top of a hunters star. The top of the quilt has half a star in the center and the bottom has two half stars. What’s the best way to flesh it out so that there are all full stars. Should I just piece out the stars and add squares on the sides or should I just not worry about it?
Working...
X