Hunter star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter star

I’ve started and almost finished the top of a hunters star. The top of the quilt has half a star in the center and the bottom has two half stars. What’s the best way to flesh it out so that there are all full stars. Should I just piece out the stars and add squares on the sides or should I just not worry about it?

Re: Hunter star

Could you please post a picture. The truth is it really depends on each quilt individually, so a picture will get you the best input.

And hi and welcome to the forum.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Hi!

Denise is right, if you could post a picture it would help us 'see' what you're saying.

I have had quilts that had 1/2 stars where the borders were to be added. If it bothered me enough, I would add the missing parts of the stars and background to finish out the stars. Of course, it all depended on how much fabric I had left over, too.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I didn't think that was possible, but found this. Is yours looking like it?

http://barb-sewinspired.blogspot.com...ters-star.html
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

From doing a Hunter's star quilt,, I believe you will have a 1/2 star problem. Here is a pic of the one I did. Maybe it will help get the answer you are seeking.

hunter's star.jpg
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

I think there is always going to be a half star along the edge. Unless you piece a half of one into the border

Comment

That helps a lot. Thanks.

Comment

I think they are right. half stars are not bad.

Comment

Working...
                X