Log cabin baby block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log cabin baby block

Morning, did anyone see McCalls quilting issue Mar/ April 2018, there was a quilt that the focal block was a baby block done in log cabin rectangles? I just may have to attempt that, has anyone tried a baby block log cabin style???
    Kathryn
    Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Re: Log cabin baby block

I can't help, but I know there are a lot of baby log cabin patterns. From traditional, to split cabins, to using larger strips for the logs. So Very Easy did one like that (1 big cabin).

Be sure to share when you make it.
    Katrina
    ā€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.ā€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
      I can't help, but I know there are a lot of baby log cabin patterns. From traditional, to split cabins, to using larger strips for the logs. So Very Easy did one like that (1 big cabin).

Be sure to share when you make it.
      Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, what I meant to say is the block looks like a baby block/ tumbling block, but using logs, instead of triangles Baby Block Log Cabin.jpg
      Kathryn
      Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

oo rectangles amazing what can be done with the log cabin, look forward to seeing pictures if you do make.
        amazing how colours can create so many patterns many thanks for inspiring.

saw a diamond block made with log cabins in a magazine the foundation paper piecing template persuaded me to buy the mag, have a bin of off cuts from other projects, want to use up rather than discard fpp seems an easy route to do that.

not sure if aware
        there are also books regarding
        the diamond https://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Your-Gr...2930560&sr=1-1

another book I love log cabin

(links supplied for pictures only as its the UK site,)

like the log cabin block, thanks for inspiring Ktdid

Comment

Working...
        X