Singer Featherweight 221 FEET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer Featherweight 221 FEET?

Has anyone purchased a darning foot or a walking foot for the featherweight. They were not manufactured at the time the machines were made. If you have them, do they work and from whom did you order them. Metal or plastic. Darning foot for quilting? Walking foot for ease in sewing the layers. Since I can't lower the dog feet, did you get a cover plate to used when you use the darning foot? Oh my, such high hopes for such a little machine. Thanks, dmt

Re: Singer Featherweight 221 FEET?

I don't have a featherweight, but I do sew on a 1947 Singer 201 hand crank. They all use low shank feet. The important thing to be aware of when getting a walking foot for these machines, it to get one for a "straight stitch" machine. This is important so that it lines up with the narrower feed dogs. I've gotten mine on Ebay from "april1930s". She has one listed now for $29.95 with free shipping (item #170446758618). Hope this helps.

Barb

Comment

Barb, thanks for the information. I did order a walking foot from the Aunt Jane's website for my Featherweight 221. It came today and I used it to put the binding on a small wall hanging. It attaches easily and worked just fine. Thanks for sharing the info with me.

dmt

Comment

Barb, not Aunt Jane's (sorry fighting a head cold today), April 1930s, just like you did.

dmt

Comment

Dmt, I hope you're enjoying your walking foot it's one (just one) of my favorite machine accessories! I actually wrote a post dedicated my love of my walking foot on my blog. The walking foot is a wonderful thing. Enjoy! And apparently we should thank April 1930 for supplying those in need! And Barb for being so smart!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Working...
          X