X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashu1958
    replied
    Re: Bowl Cozies

If you're going to use your cozie in the microwave, use Wrap n Zap...regular batting can cause a fire in microwaves.

Leave a comment:

• Ltoppins
    replied

I use the 2” x 1” darts for a 10” bowl cozy. The direction of the darts is important to create the shape of the bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied

I use craft gemini tutorial, I liked hers the best. She explains the darts.

Leave a comment:

• Thimbelina
    replied

Is your batting cut the same size as your fabrics? Is there a rule of thumb for the size of the darts? I am making 10" and 12" bowl cozies.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

two layers of all cotton batting for me. I can feel the heat otherwise. Plus I like the way they hold their shape better.

Leave a comment:

• MillieS
    replied

I only use one layer of batting.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

I use two layers of Wrap and Zap, too.

Leave a comment:

• MHG Winnower
    replied

I use only Pellon Wrap-N-Zap in the cosies and two layers. It is lighter than most, but provides the heat resistance and easier to turn and top stitch. Inexpensive at Walmarts. I buy it by the bolt and they deliver to my local store so no shipping cost.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

I've been using two layers of cotton batting. I can still feel the heat when I only use one.

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    replied

I use one unless its paper thin batting

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    started a topic Bowl Cozies

Bowl Cozies

Just a question for makers of bowl cozies. Most of the tutorials I've seen call for two layers of batting. The one I was gifted only has one layer and seems to work fine. I made a couple with two layers and they just seem harder to turn. Seems one layer of batting would be fine. What do you suggest - 1 layer of batting, or 2? Thanks.
Working...
X